Back in the 'Raq

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, I have just returned from my midtour leave and am now comefortably in my "Combat Housing Unit (CHU) AKA - Trailer."

Travel back to the 'Raq began with my lovely wife and son dropping me off at the Airport at 9 AM on Sunday and I finally arrived here at 5 AM today (Tuesday). Long trip.

Leave was awesome, spent lots of time with the little ones (my son and my wife who is 4'11" ). Got to go home and train with my original instructor. At some point I have been promoted from "Returning Blackbelt" to "Guest Instructor who used to be a student here."

Got to work out with my father in law (new member on here "Shiho") who will be testing for his 4th Kyu in Aikido this fall.

Over all, a very enjoyable time. Now its time to get back to my class and get teaching again (oh, and work too, I guess...)

I am glad to here that your trip home was wonderful and that you had an opportunity to spend time with family and training partners. Stay safe while in Iraq, stone_dragone and keep us up to date :)

Lisa

p.s. isn't calling a CHU comfortable a bit of an oxymoron? ;)

Glad to hear that you had a nice time with everyone back home!

Be safe and check in when you can!:)

Mike

I'm glad that you got to spend some time with your family. "Guest instructor" also has a nice ring to it. :)

Please be safe...we're all rooting for you back home. :asian:

Glad you got to enjoy some time with your family. Please stay safe, and thank you for your service. :asian:

I'm glad you had a wonderful time with the family! Stay safe, thanks again for your service, and I pray for a safe and speedy return home :asian: .

Thanks for your service, Stone Dragone! I'll be praying that you and yours are safe while you're "over there". :)

Latest Discussions

Back