Back from USAT Poomsae team trials

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Here are the results from my Div.I would say not bad for my first attempt to make the team. And seeing how I just learned these forms with in the past 6 months...... Overall i'm pleased ( would have rather made the team)

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
USAT National Poomsae Team Trials 2009​
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Scored by PoomsaePro©​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
157 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]T Steger

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]
Shipjin​
[/FONT]
4.1 4 4.3 3.9 4
3.7 4 4.2 3.8 3.8
3.87​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
Jitae 7.9​
[/FONT]
4.1 4 4.3 4.1 3.7
3.7 3.9 4.1 3.9 3.6 3.83
4.07​
1st Form -​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]7.9 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]7.9

[/FONT][/FONT]
A
P​
2nd Form -​
A
P​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
153 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]D Turgeon

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]
Shipjin​
[/FONT]
3.8 3.9 4.6 4.2 4.1
3.7 3.9 4.5 3.9 3.9
3.9​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
Jitae 7.83​
[/FONT]
4.1 4 4.5 4 4
3.7 3.9 4.4 3.8 3.7 3.8
4.03​
1st Form - [FONT=Arial,Bold]7.97 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]7.9[/FONT][/FONT]

And hen this.......

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
USAT National Poomsae Team Trials 2009​
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Black Belt - 1st Masters: [41 - 50] [Male]: Tie-Breaker
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Scored by PoomsaePro©​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
161 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]D Turgeon

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]
Chonkwon​
[/FONT]
4.2 3.9 4.5 4.1 3.7
3.8 3.9 4.3 3.9 3.8
3.87​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
0​
[/FONT]
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
0​
1st Form -​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]7.94 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]7.94

[/FONT][/FONT]
A
P​
2nd Form -​
A
P​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
160 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]T Steger

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]
Chonkwon​
[/FONT]
4.1 3.9 4.3 4.1 3.5
3.7 3.8 4.1 3.9 4
3.9​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]
0​
[/FONT]
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
0​
1st Form -​
[FONT=Arial,Bold]7.93 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]7.93

[/FONT][/FONT]
A
P​
2nd Form -​
A
P​
Saturday,

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Well.... I'll get him next year!
[/FONT][/FONT]

OP
NPTKD

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ron,

Yours also were great. I looked at the final scores and we were close also! It was good to meet you and the others. Good luck at worlds and keep in touch!

Tim

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you for your good efforts! As more and more people get involved in competition poomsae, the level of competition in this country will go up.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Myself and some of my students sat and watched some of the team trails. For the most part they were pretty impressive. What was surprising was that some of the competitors really didn't have a clue on what they were supposed to be doing. All in all, a great experience though, congratulations on your placing.

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was so nervous that I choked on my first form. I made 3 major mistakes that costs me 1.5 points and then others.

My second form was decent, has higher score, but made another mistakes with the last motion that cost me another .5 point.

Overall, it was a good first try and hopefully I can control my nerve on the next National.

Do you think they will have Competitive Poomsae at US Open next year? I would hope so.

OP
NPTKD

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was so nervous that I choked on my first form. I made 3 major mistakes that costs me 1.5 points and then others.

My second form was decent, has higher score, but made another mistakes with the last motion that cost me another .5 point.

Overall, it was a good first try and hopefully I can control my nerve on the next National.

Do you think they will have Competitive Poomsae at US Open next year? I would hope so.

I was told that yes they are going to have compatiition poomsae and the US open. I'm really looking forward to it. As far as the nerves thing... It will get better.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
This years team trial went much smoother than last year. Sadly, our competitor was overcome with performance anxiety and flaked on his two attempts (started out with the right form but switched to a different form after a few moves....never happened to him before).

I'll be doing some research in the psych journals on performance anxiety and dealing with the pressure so that this does not happen again. :)

Peace,
Erik

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well even Poomsae Team Trials was a joke this year. USAT moved up the start of the competition from 9:00AM to 7:30AM without notice and many top competitors missed the competition. I know that we had one of our girls make the team because of this and she is not that good.

That really ticked off a bunch of people. How can you move the start time and not notify anyone? What crap that was. We also had a few of our good students miss competing.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
ATC, I'm sorry to hear that some players missed their events but wasn't the one day early start time because of everything going on that day mentioned in the coaches meeting?

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, they announced on Monday night that Thursday would be startribng ealry. They also made several announcements in the venue on Tuesday via the loudspeaker.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
ATC, I'm sorry to hear that some players missed their events but wasn't the one day early start time because of everything going on that day mentioned in the coaches meeting?
Yes but not every coach had to take that seminar. Most already took it at qualifiers.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, they announced on Monday night that Thursday would be startribng ealry. They also made several announcements in the venue on Tuesday via the loudspeaker.
Many coaches did not even get there until after Monday and they only announced it on Monday at the coaching seminar that many did not have to take. I have been a level 1 since 2007 and I do my updates or technical edges during qualifiers each year.

Also many coaches did not even show up until after Monday. Also they only announced the change of time on Tuesday after 3PM or 4PM. Many coaches were done by then and away from the venue.

Plus who really can hear what was being said over that muffled PA system.

In 2008 at Detroit when any changes were made they sent out an email notice to let you know. Even if it was the night before the change they still sent out an email.

That was a piss poor job what they did this time. Mark Kauffman even apologized to me personally when I brought it to his attention.

Latest Discussions