Automatic Knives and florida Knife laws

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was doing some research on Auto Knives and came across another forum in which a Gun/Knife dealer from Florida posted a thread entitled "Even the Cops don't know the law".

Basically he was at a gun/knife show in Jacksonville and a group of LEO stopped at his booth, looked at an auto knife and asked if it was legal. One of the LEO was a friend of his so he decided to mess with them and said "You tell me" He said he got 5 different "guesses" and one guy even went back to his car to check the "books".

Apparently according to this dealer, there is NO mandates on Auto knives or size of blade in Florida. The only thing in the Statutes regarding knives are about the weapon being concelled or it being a projectile type weapon. I found this very interesting as someone a long time ago told me my balisong was illegal to carry. I'm doing more research, I wouldn't mind adding a good auto to my collection.

Andy

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm at work now, so I'll have to check the site later. However, from what I was told during my NRA safety course, it isn't illegal in FL to purchase automatic knives, but to carry them, you have to have a concealed weapons permit (which is frighteningly easy to get if you have no criminal record).

Cthulhu