AUGHHHHHHH been in this country too long!!!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is the back story:
I put three photos in an exhibition, won a ribbon on one.
Also, one of the pictures depicts the high school band. Not so that you could tell who is in it. Against the setting sun, more of a mood picture.

Now, I wanted to make a 'scavenger hunt'
I tell them where to look for, if they can tell me where the picture is hung up, I give them a box (movie size) of candy

had it all typed out....
Then the brain started working....all the what ifs and I deleted my announcement.

Now, what rules could I possibly break by giving man woman or child a box of candy?

But I could not do it.

And all the while I am always eager to direct traffic to my library, because it's a cool place. And I think they need more traffic!

Been here too long. I don't think back in the mother land I would have batted an eyelash. But here? You can't go to your own bathroom without being in danger of being suit...

Here is the back story:
I put three photos in an exhibition, won a ribbon on one.
Also, one of the pictures depicts the high school band. Not so that you could tell who is in it. Against the setting sun, more of a mood picture.

Now, I wanted to make a 'scavenger hunt'
I tell them where to look for, if they can tell me where the picture is hung up, I give them a box (movie size) of candy

had it all typed out....
Then the brain started working....all the what ifs and I deleted my announcement.

Now, what rules could I possibly break by giving man woman or child a box of candy?

But I could not do it.

And all the while I am always eager to direct traffic to my library, because it's a cool place. And I think they need more traffic!

Been here too long. I don't think back in the mother land I would have batted an eyelash. But here? You can't go to your own bathroom without being in danger of being suit...
"What a curious plan!" exclaimed Alice :)

Hubby said to 'f them', so I guess I'll be posting it.
^_^

Libraries need everyone's support, so I say go for it. No one in their right mind want's to tick off a librarian.

I know there are some people that legitimately can't eat candy. I can't because I'm diabetic. Winning candy as a prize doesn't bother me because I'm a big boy and I'd just give it to someone who can enjoy it. Personally I wouldn't worry about law suits. But if there are kids involved then perhaps in the interest of inclusion you might want to have an alternate choice available. Maybe some sugar-free candy? An inexpensive toy? I know some diabetic kids and although most of them are very brave and have come to terms with their diabetes, sometimes they still feel left out. I'm not trying to throw a wet towel on your idea, I think it's great. The odds of running into a diabetic kid or one with a serious food allergy are pretty small.I guess I'm just offering a different perspective.

In any case, as a future libarian, thanks for supporting your library!

Well, I did not need to worry after all. I get to eat all my candy myself. (par for the course, I think if I had a diamond to give away I would find no takers...)

I love my library.
It needs a few more books in the section I prefer to browse, but hey.
I moved a couple of years ago (seems like this town is actually smaller than that other place, the library reflects that sadly, the manga section is practically nonexistant) and for some strange reason I am having the hardest time to return books on time. It's become a running joke between me and the librarian: I am working on my own wing. :D

And even when I do bring them in on time...I ended spending enough in the used books store. but to find a book you thought about ordering is simply priceless!

Latest Discussions

Back