Attack that's difficult to counter

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are many attacks that are difficult to counter.

For example, when you have obtained your opponent's leading leg, you lift that leg over your shoulder. Your opponent is standing on one leg. Both of his hands cannot reach you. It's also difficult for him to hop back. At that moment, if you kick or punch his groin area, he has no way to stop you.

wrestling-single-leg.jpg

You may be able to do a back flip to escape.

wrestling-single-leg-back-flip.gif

Do you know any attack that's also difficult to counter?

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are many attacks that are difficult to counter.

For example, when you have obtained your opponent's leading leg, you lift that leg over your shoulder. Your opponent is standing on one leg. Both of his hands cannot reach you. It's also difficult for him to hop back. At that moment, if you kick or punch his groin area, he has no way to stop you.

wrestling-single-leg.jpg

You may be able to do a back flip to escape.

wrestling-single-leg-back-flip.gif

Do you know any attack that's also difficult to counter?
That backflip is legit! He pulls his opponent with him.

Clyde Cash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In my career no one has ever countered my "pissed fist" It's simple, you just throw yourself at your opponent and blindly slap the **** outta them.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In my career no one has ever countered my "pissed fist" It's simple, you just throw yourself at your opponent and blindly slap the **** outta them.
It's good strategy. I like to charge in like a mad man and throw at least 8 punches non-stop. The purpose is to run my opponent down and destroy his fighting spirit.

If my opponent use

- boxing guard with open in the center, I like to throw jab, cross, jab, cross, jab, cross, jab, cross.
- Kung Fu guard or Karate guard with arrns in the middle of his body, I like to throw right hook, left hook, right hook, left hook, right hook, left hook, right hook, left hook.

watch

Clyde Cash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's good strategy. I like to charge in like a mad man and throw at least 8 punches non-stop. The purpose is to run my opponent down and destroy his fighting spirit.

If my opponent use

- boxing guard with open in the center, I like to throw jab, cross, jab, cross, jab, cross, jab, cross.
- Kung Fu guard or Karate guard with arrns in the middle of his body, I like to throw right hook, left hook, right hook, left hook, right hook, left hook, right hook, left hook.

Great minds think alike man. Were you a champ back in the day?

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Great minds think alike man. Were you a champ back in the day?
I'm more a wrestler than a boxer. I use this strategy to train my wrestler guys in MMA environment. Most wrestlers are not very good on dodging/blocking. They need to learn when the opportunity arrive, they need to charge in and close that distance.

One of my major training is to punch on my heavy bag as fast and as powerful as I can "like a mad man" until I get exhausted. Usually I stopped after about 60 punches. I like the term "like a mad man". That's the spirit of that training.

Clyde Cash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm more a wrestler than a boxer. I use this strategy to train my wrestler guys in MMA environment.

One of my major training is to punch on my heavy bag as fast and as powerful as I can "like a mad man" until I get exhausted. Usually I stopped after about 60 punches. I like the term "like a mad man". That's the spirit of that training.

That training styles tight, works the quick twitch muscle and the slow twitch muscle at the same time. Indisputably the best endurance training for fighting sports.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Most people may train 1 step, 2 steps, or even 3 steps forward/backward footwork. Not many people train 6 steps, 8 steps, or even more steps forward/backward footwork. When I charge forward with 6 or 8 steps, if my opponent moves back, he will lose balance after 4 or 5 backward steps.

I like to train this when I run. No matter how fast that I run, I try to coordinate one forward step with one punch. This way, when I charge in, I don't have to think about my footwork. I like to call it "running punches".

Clyde Cash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Most people may train 1 step, 2 steps, or even 3 steps forward/backward footwork. Not many people train 6 steps, 8 steps, or even more steps forward/backward footwork. When I charge forward with 6 or 8 steps, if my opponent moves back, he will lose balance after 4 or 5 backward steps.

I like to train this when I run. No matter how fast that I run, I try to coordinate one forward step with one punch. This way, when I charge in, I don't have to think about my footwork.
That's gold. Thanks man, I'm gonna try and incorporate this into my own routine.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score

I like to train this when I run. No matter how fast that I run, I try to coordinate one forward step with one punch. This way, when I charge in, I don't have to think about my footwork. I like to call it "running punches".
Most of my training and what I coach is if you step backwards no more than one step back and then angle. Never take 2 or more steps just moving backwards.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know bruh, I've countered many of those in my career. Just get back up
When you don’t have the ropes holding you up and a soft-ish canvas to land on, it’s going to hurt. And you don’t let your opponent get up; you pound him until the ref stops you. Or until he can’t attack anymore if it’s an actual fight and not a competition.

Clyde Cash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Bro, you forget that I fought in the underground division. We were fighting on some nasty *** stone floors. Just suck it up, get back up, and beat him up.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It’s actually very easy - just don’t throw that kick ;)
You (general YOU) don't have to throw a high kick. When your opponent gets single leg on you, he will have that opportunity to lift under your ankle, raise over his shoulder, and throw you backward.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That backflip is legit! He pulls his opponent with him.
This is why to lift up just under the knee is not good enough. You have to lift under the ankle. This way the distance between you and your opponent will be far away that his hands won't be able to reach you (the leg is longer than the arm).

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You (general YOU) don't have to throw a high kick. When your opponent gets single leg on you, he will have that opportunity to lift under your ankle, raise over his shoulder, and throw you backward.
I used to use it in wrestling where no one throws kicks. It’s quite effective. I’ve seen a guy do a cartwheel kinda somersault kinda thing to get out of it once. Better way to describe it, he did what would look like a jumping crescent kick with his planted foot while the other guy was lifting his leg, and landed on his hands, then rolled out before his opponent could recover.

Only saw that one once, and it was beautiful. Never saw it again. And I couldn’t pull that off if I tried.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bro, you forget that I fought in the underground division. We were fighting on some nasty *** stone floors. Just suck it up, get back up, and beat him up.
Unless he stays on top of you and keeps punching you and KOs you in the process.

Ever watch the UFC? Tell the guys who got “ground and pounded” to just suck it up and get back up. I’m sure they never thought of that. :)

Clyde Cash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Unless he stays on top of you and keeps punching you and KOs you in the process.

Ever watch the UFC? Tell the guys who got “ground and pounded” to just suck it up and get back up. I’m sure they never thought of that. :)
Your mind gets clouded in a fight, there's a reason they didn't about getting up.