At Home Training

S

soccer50

Hey, Take a look at my at home fitness plan. From my Muay Thai training, my old weight classes, and soccer team...I've compiled a plan for those who want to get in shape at home.

1)Stretch - Every workout should be started off by stretching. Stretching prevents injury and allows blood to fill the muscles easier.
2)Warm up - Warming up increases the heart rate and gets the blood flowing through the body faster. Blood supply to muscles is greater
3)Run a quarter of a mile and do 20 pushups/crunches. - Running increases endurance. It makes the cardiovascular system stronger. [Keep doing this until you get to 3 miles]
4)Cool Down - End your workout with a 1/4 mile of walking. It will lower your heart rate steadily.

What I've remembered when I begun training, is that I didnt stop when i was tired. Things just dont work that way. I had to run to the other soccer goal or keep kicking the heavy bags no matter what. As long as i made it, it didnt matter how f'd up i was. No matter what, just finish.

Honostly, I really want your opinions on this post. Anything you'd like to add, tips, critisizm, just post. It'll help me so I can help people loose wieght. My neighbor really overweight and he wants me to help him get back on his feet. Thanks

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
Go to the health section and look for Strongforte exercies for martial artists. Totally contradics (sp) 'no pain no gain' mentality and it seems to be working for me.

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think you gotta push yourself as much as you can. The running, a quarter mile is short, do it fast as you can. Three miles isn't even a 5k, aim higher. Train hard, don't give yourself a heart attack but train hard and consistently. Don't forget diet. For those trying to lose weight, a sensible diet is probably more important than the exercise one is getting.

OP
A

A.R.K.

I can offer my personal training regiment; [stretching is a gimmie for each].

Day #1

*Several moving line drills and kata, performed slow and with as much intensity as possible for an excellent isometric style warm up.

*Dynamic tension exercises such as tiger claw, palm pushes, whisking arms, leg extensions etc.

*Hindu push ups [goal is 250].

*Hindu squats [goal is 500].

*Back bridge [rocking or hold for goal of 3 minutes].

*Bench press 2 sets, weight at 75% of max for 12-15 reps.

Day #2

* Repeat first two *

* Tricep curls.

*Tricep pull downs.

*Curls w/curl bar & dumbell.

* Abdominal exercises.

Day #3

*Repeat first two *.

*Repeat hindu push ups.

*Repeat hindu squats.

*Dead lifts for two sets.

Day #4

*Repeat first two*.

*Staff curling.

*Windlass.

*Calf raises.

Day #5

*Repeat first two *.

*Handstand push ups for 2 sets.

*Military press for 2 sets.

*Abdominal exercises.

This allows me to concentrate on specific areas on a given day in addition to stretching/warming/working entire body out daily. Also it has intense and light days. Occasionally I will interchange certain exercises or take an extended break.

Hope this may help somewhat.

:asian:

OP
L

lvwhitebir

Originally posted by soccer50
1)Stretch - Every workout should be started off by stretching. Stretching prevents injury and allows blood to fill the muscles easier.

Every workout should begin with a warm-up. Stretching should be done *after* a 5-10 minute warm-up of the muscles. Stretching before this doesn't really do much.

Originally posted by soccer50
4)Cool Down - End your workout with a 1/4 mile of walking. It will lower your heart rate steadily.

You should then end with additional stretching. Stretching at the beginning is preparing you for movement. Stretching after the workout will help to increase your flexibility.

I would also add additional weight-bearing exercises for other muscle groups. The pushups work the chest and some tricips and shoulders and the crunches work the abs, but you don't have anything for the biceps, back, glutes, or legs. Spreading these out through the week will work a larger portion of your body. Don't do them every day, but concentrate on every other day at most for a single body part.

WhiteBirch

Latest Discussions