Astrobiologist/Biochemist seeking work in Boulder, Colorado area

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My name is Graham Lau. I am a 25 year-old recent college grad seeking work in Boulder, Colorado. I will be moving to this area August 23rd of this year. See my resume below for my credentials. Anyone interested or with information may message me or reply to this thread. Though my primary interest is in science and laboratory work I would also serve well in fields such as security, eco-tourism, electric sign manufacture and service, and teaching/tutoring.

Graham E. Lau
Biochemist / Astrobiologist
Seeking to acquire employment which will be engaging and fulfilling. Interests lie in laboratory science, with experience in organic chemistry and molecular biology.
EDUCATION
York College of Pennsylvania
B.S. Major: Biology A.S. Major: Chemistry
Cumulative GPA: 3.85
Enrolled: August, 2003 through December, 2007
Honors: Dean’s List (nine semesters); Alpha Chi National Honors Society Member; YCP Senior Honors Society Member; York Container Scholarship Recipient 2004; YCP Grant Fund Recipient 2005; YCP Biology Dept. Senior Student Recognition 2007

RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE

Staff Member; NASA Ames Academy for Space Exploration;
NASA Ames Research Center; California
May, 2009 – August, 2009

Research Associate; NASA Ames Academy for Space Exploration;
NASA Ames Research Center; California
June, 2007 – August, 2007

Research Fellow; Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship in Oceanography; Graduate School of Oceanography; Rhode Island
June, 2006 – August, 2006

Lab Assistant; Biology Department, York College of PA
Lab Assistant; Physical Sciences Department, York College of PA

ACTIVITIES

President of Biology Club of York College; Vice-President of Beta Beta Beta (National Biological Honors Society), Theta Epsilon chapter; Martial arts instructor; PADI certified Advanced Open Water SCUBA diver; rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, snowboarding, surfing, and reading; playing guitar and didgeridoo.

REFERENCES
Available Upon Request

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Astro - have you ever considered moving to Hawaii? A lot of your background would apply to a great many jobs out here. Think about it. There's not a lot of waves in CO nor are there opportunities for diving.

OP
astrobiologist

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I know. I'm leaving my dive gear and board in storage in Pennsylvania. Colorado is the journey for a few years. I'll see where the future leads me.

Hawaii would be beautiful. Especially since the astronomy and astrobiology fields are so active out there. I would love to visit Mauna Kea observatories.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I know. I'm leaving my dive gear and board in storage in Pennsylvania. Colorado is the journey for a few years. I'll see where the future leads me.

Hawaii would be beautiful. Especially since the astronomy and astrobiology fields are so active out there. I would love to visit Mauna Kea observatories.

Seriously, what is the draw in Colorado? The action in your field is out here.

OP
astrobiologist

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My girlfriend got into grad school at CU Boulder, so we're moving our little family (us plus dog and cat) to Colorado. I'm hoping to get into some undergrad courses in astronomy and physics with the hope of getting into an astrophysical/astrobiological grad program in the future.

We'll see how things go. I'd like to keep myself open to all options since I'm still young and not ready to settle down anywhere.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My girlfriend got into grad school at CU Boulder, so we're moving our little family (us plus dog and cat) to Colorado. I'm hoping to get into some undergrad courses in astronomy and physics with the hope of getting into an astrophysical/astrobiological grad program in the future.

We'll see how things go. I'd like to keep myself open to all options since I'm still young and not ready to settle down anywhere.

When you mentioned "girlfriend" in the other post, I caught on. What is she looking to get her Masters in?

OP
astrobiologist

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My girlfriend is beginning a program for her Master's in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. I'm hoping to get into some undergrad courses in astrophysics, aerospace engineering, and the geological sciences to prepare me for a future grad program. I'd really love to find a job in biochemistry.

Latest Discussions