Are you Rapture Ready??

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
They really shouldn't let folks who are legally insane read the Book of Revelations.

But thanks for finding this positive, upbeat site for us. I'll need to spend all my free minutes there as I have no idea how to prepare for the End Time.... Stop the mail? Have lots of toilet paper stockpiled? Make sure the dog's shots are up to date?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
They really shouldn't let folks who are legally insane read the Book of Revelations.

But thanks for finding this positive, upbeat site for us. I'll need to spend all my free minutes there as I have no idea how to prepare for the End Time.... Stop the mail? Have lots of toilet paper stockpiled? Make sure the dog's shots are up to date?
Everything was good until you mentioned the dog. I hate to break it to ya, but I don't think the pooch is invited. You did mean "shots up to date" so you could bring him, right?
icon7.gif

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

Not to nitpick, but it is the Revelation of St. John. The shortened name is Revelation, there was only one thing revealed. But, most people call it Revelations.

Also, the "rapture" is not an accepted dogma for all Protestant/Catholics beliefs. But, I agree that people shouldn't try to figure out what the code is and project future things with what was happening at the time. Many scholars think the book was written in code since John was in exile when he wrote it and was being censored by the Romans. So codewords were used. Much like if you ask the generation of the 80's the fight between the Eagle and the Bear, most would know you were talking about the Cold War between the US and Russia. I bet if you asked college kids now, most would not know what you are talking about because they didn't live it.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Everything was good until you mentioned the dog. I hate to break it to ya, but I don't think the pooch is invited. You did mean "shots up to date" so you could bring him, right?
icon7.gif

I heard a piece on NPR yesterday about a guy, an atheist who loves animals who was offering Rapture Insurance for Pets to born again Christians. For a price, he and his network of pet-loving atheists would sign a legally binding contract to adopt your pet in case of rapture! Too funny.

My worry: What if the rapture comes and we ake up to find everybody present, but all the pets ...gone! Then I guess it's "so long and thanks for all the fish!"

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, geezer, a couple of my first line supervisors were reading a series of books about 'left behind'...... I guess the Rapture comes and not everybody goes.....you know, that works for me (so that's what I'll believe in) - the big cloud or big saucer or Hale Bopp Comet or whatever shows up and takes most everyone including all these crazies with it.... I get to stay here with my Black Lab and Jack Russell..... works for me, works for the nuts and works for my dogs, too.

Bring on the Rapture!

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Much like if you ask the generation of the 80's the fight between the Eagle and the Bear, most would know you were talking about the Cold War between the US and Russia. I bet if you asked college kids now, most would not know what you are talking about because they didn't live it.

Philly and Chicago? :uhyeah:

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not to nitpick, but it is the Revelation of St. John. The shortened name is Revelation, there was only one thing revealed. But, most people call it Revelations.

Also, the "rapture" is not an accepted dogma for all Protestant/Catholics beliefs. But, I agree that people shouldn't try to figure out what the code is and project future things with what was happening at the time. Many scholars think the book was written in code since John was in exile when he wrote it and was being censored by the Romans. So codewords were used. Much like if you ask the generation of the 80's the fight between the Eagle and the Bear, most would know you were talking about the Cold War between the US and Russia. I bet if you asked college kids now, most would not know what you are talking about because they didn't live it.

He`s right. I was very active in the Lutheran church (a protestant faith) until I was 21, and I don`t think I ever heard anything about the rapture until I was in my late 20`s. When people began to try explaining it I thought the whole thing sounded very ...."out there".

OP
Ken Morgan

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As an atheist I think it’s all a huge crock of ****.

However giving them the benefit of the doubt, I also feel it provides a built in excuse to do nothing, with the exception of converting people to their own particular brand of christianity, simply in order to “save” them, thereby adding points to your “good” column.

If there really is a god, he doesn’t want you wasting your life getting ready for rapture, he wants you to get on with life, be a good person, and help others. That alone will get you the rapture you seek, if it happens in your lifetime.

You would think that in the dozens and dozens of generations since the creation of the christ myth, and the dozens before that, someone would have thunk that, “you know, maybe, just maybe we got the whole end of the world thing wrong.”

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I believe Apocalypse means revealing of secrets and not end of the world.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll take the Red Sox winning the World Series - twice - as proof positive that Hell has frozen over. So how bad can the apocalypse be? :D

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
As an atheist I think it’s all a huge crock of ****.

However giving them the benefit of the doubt, I also feel it provides a built in excuse to do nothing, with the exception of converting people to their own particular brand of christianity, simply in order to “save” them, thereby adding points to your “good” column.

If there really is a god, he doesn’t want you wasting your life getting ready for rapture, he wants you to get on with life, be a good person, and help others. That alone will get you the rapture you seek, if it happens in your lifetime.

You would think that in the dozens and dozens of generations since the creation of the christ myth, and the dozens before that, someone would have thunk that, “you know, maybe, just maybe we got the whole end of the world thing wrong.”

I agree, that the point of living is just that, to live. Not to play around with the cosmic scales and "hope you are godd enough".

That's why I could NEVER understand beliefs like the rapture or Jehovah Witness that think that there are only a certain number of people going to heaven and that you need to save as many people as possible to make sure you are one of them. WHAT??? What if the person I save, saves more than me and they get in and I don't? OOPS! It's like a giant Cosmic Amway/Pyramid scam.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
icon7.gif

Further complicating this question is the facts that dogs do indeed have Buddha nature. So ... would that make the more qualified for the rapture, or less?

Latest Discussions