Should Richard Dawkins be arrested for incitement to religious hatred?

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dawkins has jumped the shark from atheiest to some form of pathological need to attack religion.

While I can't figure out why he needs so badly to denigrate others for their beliefs, I also can't figure out why believers waste their time fretting over Dawkins' diatribe either.

If you don't like it don't read/listen/look for it.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like Dawkins, why should he be arrested for speaking his mind? I don't see religious people getting arrested for saying Haiti had a pact with the devil or 9/11 was because of permissive attitudes towards gay people. Let the man talk, if you wanna listen, fine, if not, that's fine too.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What I don't understand about people like the blogger in the link above is that they seem more concerned with being able either to denigrate others or that their beliefs take more of a beating than others as opposed to defending the notion of free speech in general. He's upset that Dawkins can rudely criticize Christianity while others are prosecuted for doing the same to Islam. Why aren't they more concerned about the person being prosecuted for exercizing free speech, than they are about Dawkins? It just seems to me that they want their own ability to denigrate and be insulting protected, while the speech of others should be curbed.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
He'll looking at the issue from the wrong side. He seems less concerned with justice (as it concerns people speaking ill of Islam) than he is with putting Dawkins behind bars.

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
The blogger makes it sound as if Dawkins only attacks Christianity, in fact he attacks all denominations, including Islam.

"primary sources like Scripture"?

This blogger obviously hasn't seen the huge list of contradictions in the Bible. All through history the Bible has been cherry picked in order to justify any action.

Actually the blogger puts forth Aquinas, Luther, Augustine to contrast that idiot Robertson, so how does he explain that Augustine concluded that heretics be tortured, Aquinas that they should be put to death and Luther the wholesale murder of apostates and Jews?

I guess hatred of human beings is okay, just not Christian human beings.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I'd like to thank Archbishop Cranmer for helping me adhere to my diet, because after reading his atrociously self-indulgent blogging style, I don't feel much like eating anything. :rolleyes:

Latest Discussions