Are these 2 really good martial artists?

OP
J

Jill666

Michele Yeoh I believe is a trained martial artist and actress. Chow Yun-Fat is not- he is an action star, like Mel Gibson.

He had an interview on the "Crouching Tiger" dvd when he told of going to martial art camp to learn his moves for the movie, and he had a hard time because he was concentrating so much on the moves ha forgot to act! He'd be counting instead "one, two, hit..."

He sure looked good didn't he?

OP
J

Jas0n

Originally posted by Jill666
Michele Yeoh I believe is a trained martial artist and actress. Chow Yun-Fat is not- he is an action star, like Mel Gibson.

He had an interview on the "Crouching Tiger" dvd when he told of going to martial art camp to learn his moves for the movie, and he had a hard time because he was concentrating so much on the moves ha forgot to act! He'd be counting instead "one, two, hit..."

He sure looked good didn't he?
I thought It was great and I like him in other movies but Never heatrd about him being a real Martial artist.

thanks!;)

OP
A

Angus

Yeoh is not a martial artist either, she does everything by wire. She's never had formal training, except maybe some wushu for the movies.

OP
S

sweeper

it depends on what you consider a martial artist.. movie martial arts and what most of us practice tend to be a litle diffrent.

OP
B

bob919

i thought michelle yeoh did wing chun ahh either way i like her :)

OP
A

Angus

No, she doesn't, but she's going to play her in an upcoming movie.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
personally, I like Jet Li. he's been training since he was nine or twelve, can't remember. he's very good and very open about his training.

OP
J

Jas0n

Originally posted by Chronuss
personally, I like Jet Li. he's been training since he was nine or twelve, can't remember. he's very good and very open about his training.
I like him too. I dont know how good he really is cause its the movies. not liek the 70's movies either.

OP
B

bob919

jet li is cool but he uses guns too much and too mkuch special effects thats why i prefer chan and of course chan keeps it light

OP
A

Angus

Li is definitely good. He won many gold mdeals when he was young and throughout his teens in national/world wushu competitions.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by Angus
No, she doesn't, but she's going to play her in an upcoming movie.
The movie was out years ago. They're just re-releasing it, like they did Jackie Chan's movies. Sometimes with a new title.

OP
A

Angus

Ah, cool, thanks. I couldn't remember if it was coming out or already out and coming here because I've heard heard about it once. Have you seen the chinese version?

Latest Discussions