Are there any AKKS members out there

F

franchise_2001

Hey to all kenpoists out there. I am trying to get into the AKKS I have submitted my application. I was wondering if I belong to an association that my school doesnt belong to. Am I being disloyal? Also will I be axed by other kenpoists that belong to the IKKA or whatever association?

The reason I ask this is I was told by my instructor that kenpo can be very political. That's why some of your kenpoist like Martin Wheeler etc, are in the Systema. Why does there have to be politics in kenpo? At one time we were all united under the IKKA, but ever since Mr. Parker passed. Everyone wants to be in charge I dont understand it at all.

Thanks the Franchise:asian:

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Billings

<<Mod Note>>

Thread Moved to Kenpo/Kempo General Forum.

-Michael Billings

This is more of a general question than a technical question, isn't it? :confused:

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... but I am not used to manipulating threads yet. I actually moved it from Technical to General, where it still got no response. I just was not specific enough in my Mod Note. It looks like I closed off this thread, I did not intend that .... whoops, could that have something to do with lack of resplies?

Peace,
-MB

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bill Lear
This is more of a general question than a technical question, isn't it? :confused:

Technically, these types of questions are more general in nature, but generally speaking it's somewhat technical..

:rofl:

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
John Sepulveda is still a member of the AKKS, he is just doing his own thing with the AKTS and not a director with the AKKS ... unless you know something I don't.

-MB

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Do you live in the sticks or what?

Of course I do:( . My back yard is a corn field. Our local H.S. is surounded by horse farms and corn fields:eek: .

Latest Discussions