Are the FMAs "devolving" from the lack of real combat testing?

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
Interesting. Of course, you also have to consider the true cowards who'll show up just to cause trouble, then lie about it in deep dark rat holes on the web. I know a few of those hacks. Usually turn out to be sad bitter wannabes who you never see vids from because if they did it would expose them, you know? Not saying there's not an assload of crap out there, becauze there is, but any loser with a keyboard can be a critic. I give more cred to the guy who puts his stuff out there for peer review, and then rips others. Love to see your stuff Arnis. See if you're a Joker or an Ace, or how your decks stacked.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think people need to use caution with youtube video. It can be great as an "example"..I was just searching for an example of the "hang out your arm" thing and thats what I found. Don't take that as "this is all this guy does"..I have no proof of that.

I would hesitate to judge anybodies proficiency based on 1-2 youtube videos. All it is is a snapshot, who knows what the intent was behind filming it? Show an individual technique? Practice a specific skill set? If ALL you see of a person is the same stuff over and over or you have personally trained with the person, that could be a different story.

Arnis7Tres5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Indianapolis PTK (Hours, or days of our training c
Interesting. Of course, you also have to consider the true cowards who'll show up just to cause trouble, then lie about it in deep dark rat holes on the web. I know a few of those hacks. Usually turn out to be sad bitter wannabes who you never see vids from because if they did it would expose them, you know? Not saying there's not an assload of crap out there, becauze there is, but any loser with a keyboard can be a critic. I give more cred to the guy who puts his stuff out there for peer review, and then rips others. Love to see your stuff Arnis. See if you're a Joker or an Ace, or how your decks stacked.

I already said I was a student. I'm no "Master". I don't own a McDojo and don't conduct camps.

Just an FMA student sick and tired of all the mediocrity. I'm part of the silent majority, sick and tired of fake "masters" out there. I agree with geezer, the FMAs will continue to devolve if we are not allowed to critique these so called "masters". Ask why you are offended, the Game.

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
If your no "Master" and "just a student" then maybe the error is yours, and that what you are complaining about is simply your lack of real comprehension and understanding, and not really a problem. Maybe what you think is mediocrity is just your inability to understand what you are seeing in the correct light.

Or maybe it is **** after all. But I'm not offended. What makes you think I'm offended?
I just hate all the assclowns that float around talking smack without the rocks to back it up. It's easy to pull a clip and say someone sucks. Quite a lot they do, but not for the reasons beginners and wannabes think. Then theres your "McDojo" comment which again shows your color.

For a critique to be of value, the value of the critiqer must be known. You wouldn't let the frycook at a McDonalds evaluate the food at The Ritz any more than some hack with a few months in the arts is qualified to evaluate the qualitys of a supposed master.

I value critiques that matter. Yours does not. You've removed any worth to your views by your own self-discreditatationing. Just means you've lost, The Game.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

Arnis7Tres5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
For a critique to be of value, the value of the critiqer must be known. You wouldn't let the frycook at a McDonalds evaluate the food at The Ritz any more than some hack with a few months in the arts is qualified to evaluate the qualitys of a supposed master.

I value critiques that matter. Yours does not. You've removed any worth to your views by your own self-discreditatationing. Just means you've lost, The Game.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

I've heard of literary snobs, there are Mcdojo snobs too? Watch those videos and ask why people are making their critique, it's not arkane at all, you look at what they do and you evaluate base on common sense.

That's the problem here. The idea that you have to be a "Master" to understand this mysterious BS. Kinda like the Bible thumpers saying "God works in mysterious ways", which effectively ends any constructive criticism in our community. PTK is NOT like this, they say is 'Bring it'. Bring it. No kissing of Datu's as$, just Bring it.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's another joker:

[yt]5wiX29O9k_U[/yt]
Say what you will about this group, at least they posted publicly on this site and personally shared and defended their beliefs.

That took guts.

There have been several individuals including myself who have opened themselves to public scrutiny by announcing their promotions on MartialTalk.

Members had free opportunity to discuss, debate, question, and acknowledge those announcements and pretty much did so with professionalism.

Therefore, we on MT don't need any assistance in determining the smell of BS, we have pretty good working noses, thank-you.

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've heard of literary snobs, there are Mcdojo snobs too? Watch those videos and ask why people are making their critique, it's not arkane at all, you look at what they do and you evaluate base on common sense.

That's the problem here. The idea that you have to be a "Master" to understand this mysterious BS. Kinda like the Bible thumpers saying "God works in mysterious ways", which effectively ends any constructive criticism in our community. PTK is NOT like this, they say is 'Bring it'. Bring it. No kissing of Datu's as$, just Bring it.
Who's kissing any ***? Who brought datus in the mix?

*Sniff* *Sniff*

You smell, familiar.

Things are getting wild here man, someones gonna pay the bill. Not me, but I do have to see a man about a haircut. hahahahaha

As to the original question "Are the FMAs "devolving" from the lack of real combat testing?" be serious. real combat today is done by guys running around with AR15's and better, wearing ceramic body armor, riding in humvees, or dropped on you from a mile up by an unarmed drone. It's not done by half naked islanders with cutsie little curley blades wacking on each other with tall grass. "Real Combat", someone's been drinking the kool aide there. Too much time camping out in the woods playing army man huh?

Arnis7Tres5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Say what you will about this group, at least they posted publicly on this site and personally shared and defended their beliefs.

That took guts.

There have been several individuals including myself who have opened themselves to public scrutiny by announcing their promotions on MartialTalk.

Members had free opportunity to discuss, debate, question, and acknowledge those announcements and pretty much did so with professionalism.

Therefore, we on MT don't need any assistance in determining the smell of BS, we have pretty good working noses, thank-you.

Greetings Guru,

I didn't know you knew of this group and/or affiliated with them in some way. But the title of this thread is "Are the FMAs "devolving" from the lack of real combat testing?/ Why Testing the Efficacy of techniques in real Combat is very Important".

We believe that the FMAs are 'devolving' because people who are not qualified are now teaching and representing the FMA. And I think a lot of it has to do with money, just simply making money will water down our arts. People "collect" techniques, without understanding the big picture and then teach them in seminars.

We posted the youtube videos as examples, 1) Stick your arm straight while I pretend hit you with my stick a bunch of times, 2) Chinese finger puzzles with sticks and 3) Turning around like a Sufi mystic while I fight.

1) I did check out this fella's other videos and I think he is a true fighter, only his demo is somewhat old school, he needs to do more realistic type demos. But Archangel made a good point in exposing this, we need to push the envelope when we're trying to represent our Art.

2) Can you imagine playing Chinese stick puzzles with some of the hardcore Black Eagle Society, Dog Brothers or PTK fighters? There is no excuse for this BS.

3) OR turning your back towards your enemy when fighting with PTK warriors? I don't even know how you can defend turning your back on your opponent. I tried to look for the thread you've mentioned, but couldn't find it so please point me towards this discussion. There is a serious problem if some "Master" says 'we teach our students to turn their backs on their enemy', and a bunch of you "Agree to DisAgree" amicably and professionally. Because I would think, quality control aside, you all would be standing idly by while some joker (obviously never having combat tested his techniques) teach kids to turn their backs on their enemies during a fight, with weapons no less.

We've only posted these videos as examples of what geezer calls the "devolving" of the FMA. I can understand defending the first video, because this is more a matter of presentation. But I can't see, grown men, with worldly experience, defending Chinese stick puzzles and turning your back on your enemy.

If you think they'll work, bring it, bring it to the laboratory of combat testing. Until such time, all we are asking is to cease and desist from teaching until you've tested it in a challenge or full contact match. I don't understand why Game's got his panties in a bunch, that's all I'm saying. Quality control to stop this "devolving" process in the FMA. There is nothing to fear, but fear itself, fellas.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
That back turning thing.

I would hope that anybody, regardless of their apparent issues, would think THAT was a bad idea.

Arnis7Tres5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
real combat today is done by guys running around with AR15's and better, wearing ceramic body armor, riding in humvees, or dropped on you from a mile up by an unarmed drone. It's not done by half naked islanders with cutsie little curley blades wacking on each other with tall grass. "Real Combat", someone's been drinking the kool aide there. Too much time camping out in the woods playing army man huh?

I wasn't talking about OEF or OIF, but now that you've mentioned it, it's now obvious someone's never served or been down range, here. 'cutsie little curley blades' or blades in general will get your asz out of bind in a fire fight gone wrong. Why do you think PTK trains American and Filipino military personnel, or LEOs the world over? You think tweakers or felons don't use knives and swords? Check yourself before you wreck yo'self, kid. Don't take this personal, if you have something to add, add, otherwise just follow the discussion. Like I said don't get offended for your Datu, he's making bank. Tell him to answer the Challenge instead, it's been offered plenty of times.:jediduel:

Arnis7Tres5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
real combat today is done by guys dropped on you from a mile up by an unarmed drone.

I haven't watched the A-Team yet. How'd they ride the drones, just piggie back on it like this:

dr_strangelove.01.jpeg

then get exfilled like this:

[yt]2_zJgUPTCHg[/yt]

You're funny, kid.

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
"I don't understand why Game's got his panties in a bunch, that's all I'm saying."
"Like I said don't get offended for your Datu, he's making bank. Tell him to answer the Challenge instead, it's been offered plenty of times."

You losers really are fixated aren't you. I thought I smelled troll. Wonder how well your ID would validate to verify your registration's legit. Why don't you explain this Challenge you mention. I'm sure some here would enjoy seeing how your whole involvement's just more "I got a Harton for Hartman" drivel.

For those new, it's a 20 year old love fest, of hacks, wanna bes, tag alongs, and never coulds, chasing one fat white guy from Buffalo all over the net, using every excuse, lie, etc, including trespassing, harassment, character defamation, libel and internet security violations because they suck donkey balls when it comes to skill, who are laughed at by most legit players.

Crawl back in your toilet, turd. This isn't the place for you. Try some Tapioca, if it's not crashing on you again that is. hahahahahahaha

You said combat. Combats done with guns and bombs. Ain't seen a Marine carry his sword into combat in, oh, 100+ years. As they say, if you're using knives, someone done ****ed up the mission.

Arnis7Tres5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
"I don't understand why Game's got his panties in a bunch, that's all I'm saying."
"Like I said don't get offended for your Datu, he's making bank. Tell him to answer the Challenge instead, it's been offered plenty of times."

You losers really are fixated aren't you. I thought I smelled troll. Wonder how well your ID would validate to verify your registration's legit. Why don't you explain this Challenge you mention. I'm sure some here would enjoy seeing how your whole involvement's just more "I got a Harton for Hartman" drivel.

For those new, it's a 20 year old love fest, of hacks, wanna bes, tag alongs, and never coulds, chasing one fat white guy from Buffalo all over the net, using every excuse, lie, etc, including trespassing, harassment, character defamation, libel and internet security violations because they suck donkey balls when it comes to skill, who are laughed at by most legit players.

Crawl back in your toilet, turd. This isn't the place for you. Try some Tapioca, if it's not crashing on you again that is. hahahahahahaha

You said combat. Combats done with guns and bombs. Ain't seen a Marine carry his sword into combat in, oh, 100+ years. As they say, if you're using knives, someone done ****ed up the mission.

You're not adding to the discussion anymore, Game. This thread isn't about your Datu, but you're making it seem like it. And you obviously have no combat experience. Why do you think Marines carry K-Bars, for decoration? Cops carry an average of 3 folders on watch. As for swords, one guy in our neck of the woods just got arrested for killing 2 with a Samurai sword. If you think blades are a thing of the past, then the "devolving" of the FMAs may now be complete--for you. You need to have a heart to heart with your "master", cause he's obviously setting you up for failure.

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
You're not adding to the discussion anymore, Game. This thread isn't about your Datu, but you're making it seem like it. And you obviously have no combat experience. Why do you think Marines carry K-Bars, for decoration? Cops carry an average of 3 folders on watch. As for swords, one guy in our neck of the woods just got arrested for killing 2 with a Samurai sword. If you think blades are a thing of the past, then the "devolving" of the FMAs may now be complete--for you. You need to have a heart to heart with your "master", cause he's obviously setting you up for failure.
No, you screwed the pooch here with your veiled agenda, troll. But, you're right in one way. I'll let the cleanup crew deal with your sorry loser troll ***, and I'll let the adults get back to discussing martial arts.

But some drunk ******* waving a $20 flea market sword around like he's ****ing Goku isn't combat. Dangerous, yeah, but it ain't ****ing combat, dick. Maybe your 'master' needs to explain that to you, if he's not too busy trespassing, or having his cronies do his dirty work. Running around the jungle playing Rambo isn't combat either, but you wouldn't know that wild man.

FMA is good for what it's good for. But I don't consider it, or any other 'art' currently taught, "Combat". If they were, you'd have Datu's, and Sokes, and guys with a dozen huge *** belts teaching boot camp and training the ground pounders. But, you don't, do you? Explain to me when the last time was you heard about some private who carried a couple broom handles into battle with him in Bagdad. Or, how they took a curly blade on a recon in Afghanastan, and lopped off a couple Taliturbs. Nah, you don't know ****, neither do your buddies. FMA, Karate, Kendo, all this stuff, doesn't fit combat, hasn't in over 100 years. So crying about the 'devolving' **** like it's happening now, is just plain stupid. It's like crying because you can't get musket balls to fight with. Or maybe it's just a lack of balls period for some people. You got me there booboo. But, go play rambutt with your crazy buddies in the woods and tell yourselves how you're "real". Some buddy of mine with a sniper unit will airrate your brain from a mile away. Block that booboo.

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I have to fess up. I think what you were all smelling, and caused the thread itself to "devolve" was me. I let one go while lurking in the background. Sorry for the problems! :fart: :uhyeah:
Too much spicey food huh? :) It does that to me too.
:fart:

Arnis7Tres5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No, you screwed the pooch here with your veiled agenda, troll. But, you're right in one way. I'll let the cleanup crew deal with your sorry loser troll ***, and I'll let the adults get back to discussing martial arts.

But some drunk ******* waving a $20 flea market sword around like he's ****ing Goku isn't combat. Dangerous, yeah, but it ain't ****ing combat, dick. Maybe your 'master' needs to explain that to you, if he's not too busy trespassing, or having his cronies do his dirty work. Running around the jungle playing Rambo isn't combat either, but you wouldn't know that wild man.

FMA is good for what it's good for. But I don't consider it, or any other 'art' currently taught, "Combat". If they were, you'd have Datu's, and Sokes, and guys with a dozen huge *** belts teaching boot camp and training the ground pounders. But, you don't, do you? Explain to me when the last time was you heard about some private who carried a couple broom handles into battle with him in Bagdad. Or, how they took a curly blade on a recon in Afghanastan, and lopped off a couple Taliturbs. Nah, you don't know ****, neither do your buddies. FMA, Karate, Kendo, all this stuff, doesn't fit combat, hasn't in over 100 years. So crying about the 'devolving' **** like it's happening now, is just plain stupid. It's like crying because you can't get musket balls to fight with. Or maybe it's just a lack of balls period for some people. You got me there booboo. But, go play rambutt with your crazy buddies in the woods and tell yourselves how you're "real". Some buddy of mine with a sniper unit will airrate your brain from a mile away. Block that booboo.

I'm sorry you're all worked up about this, kid. But if you think some guy trained or not, wielding a sword and trying to kill you is 'no problem', not combat, then your definition of combat is skewed, kid.

Like I said, Marines and soldiers carry knives, some carry really big knives, maybe not swords since the primary weapon is a rifle, but all Military and LEOs carry blades. And they go to combat, the difference is an average fire fight can last hours to days and a cop getting it on will take seconds or minutes. This is not some fantasy game, kid.

I'm sure your sniper "friend" will have with him a sharp knife, ask him why.

Arnis7Tres5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
FMA is good for what it's good for. But I don't consider it, or any other 'art' currently taught, "Combat".

Well, this is probably because you're doing Chinese stick puzzles and stick twirlings all day long. I understand the disconnect in your mind, since you've never served and obviously have the wrong view of the FMA. Get to where the rubber meets the road and you'll change your mind. FMA isn't about little children in gi's, hitting each other with padded sticks, with their mommies and daddies cheering them on, then a visit to McDonald's after for a happy meal. It's not kids soccer, forchrisakes...

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Trying to pull a point from bitter, emotional arguing, What FMA is and is not (going by the last post) is why exactly it hasn't devolved. After all it's swinging hard sticks at each other! At full speed! They are the same techniques passed down by those with the FMA hand to hand experiences. Now, practice in the big picture (all schools) may have de-emphasized the training styles, as I mentioned most of the other arts have done too, in order to preserve their students for the long haul. Too many injuries tends to thin out the student population.

Ultimately all of the arts have become commercial. If you want more, you have all the right to train on your own time the way that you want to.

Latest Discussions