Arab spring and the Israeli enemy

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice article, thanks for posting. But seriously, did you think everyone is of one mind in the Middle East? We have all sorts of beliefs in the West, why would it not be exactly the same way everywhere? Somehow when we cast someone as 'the other', we start believing they are all alike and are surprised when we find they're not.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice article, thanks for posting. But seriously, did you think everyone is of one mind in the Middle East? We have all sorts of beliefs in the West, why would it not be exactly the same way everywhere? Somehow when we cast someone as 'the other', we start believing they are all alike and are surprised when we find they're not.

No..I'm surprised that an Arab news source ran it. Thanks for the critique of my supposed mindset though.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The article is very promising and shows an awakening of sorts. My guess is that it is all coming to a head with no clear winner, but it is destine to all play out.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
The article is very promising and shows an awakening of sorts. My guess is that it is all coming to a head with no clear winner, but it is destine to all play out.

Indeed. Time will tell whether it is an awakening or just another prelude to sticking their heads back into the sand.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Indeed. Time will tell whether it is an awakening or just another prelude to sticking their heads back into the sand.

I hear you, that's why I put "in sorts" in there. But, it is always good to hear a voice of reason, and hopefully someone is listening.

I fear not...................

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hear you, that's why I put "in sorts" in there. But, it is always good to hear a voice of reason, and hopefully someone is listening.

I fear not...................

It is tough to hear the voice of reason over the din of screaming fanatics, machine gun fire, mortars, etc......

Latest Discussions