April Jodoryu

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Florence, KY (Cincinnati,OH area) Saturday April 9th. 12PM-3PM Seminar and 3PM to 4PM we will be going over the Yellow and Orange Belt Syllabus for Jodoryu Jujitsu International.

Come train with the Jodoryu Jujitsu Group.

Featured Instructors for this month include J.P. Menendez all the way from Ecuador teaching Jujitsu concepts, Alan Shind will be teaching QiGong principles, Jeremy Bays will be sharing some ideas on how to integrate some of the Systema training with what we do, as well as other instructors yet to be announced.

Hope to see as many of you who can make it. Call me at 859-468-8265 for info or directions.
Disharmonic Emotion Theory

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
Too bad youre not coming to the gulf coast area.
Well we hope too be able to branch out where ever possible so you never know we may one day be there I know that we will probably have a camp sometime next year in arizona.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Well we hope too be able to branch out where ever possible so you never know we may one day be there I know that we will probably have a camp sometime next year in arizona.
:( Still doesnt get close enough to "home" :(

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
:( Still doesnt get close enough to "home" :(
where is home for you do you live in florida if so where, I frequent the gulf side quite a bit. One day I hope to start a school in Florida near sarasota.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
where is home for you do you live in florida if so where, I frequent the gulf side quite a bit. One day I hope to start a school in Florida near sarasota.
Mississippi/Louisiana

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ppko: what is jodoryu? When asked a few months back you wouldn't say, claiming that it was still secret or some other such excuse. I went to the home page linked in your profile, and almost the entire site is under construction. I found nothing useful.

So, a couple of questions

1) what does this have to do with jodo? Or is this another meaning of jodo to the accepted martial art definition?

2) what style of jujutsu does it come from?

3) what are the underlying principles?

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aegis said:
ppko: what is jodoryu? When asked a few months back you wouldn't say, claiming that it was still secret or some other such excuse. I went to the home page linked in your profile, and almost the entire site is under construction. I found nothing useful.

So, a couple of questions

1) what does this have to do with jodo? Or is this another meaning of jodo to the accepted martial art definition?

2) what style of jujutsu does it come from?

3) what are the underlying principles?
1)If you are refering to the jo staff it is some other meaning
2)many different styles
3)there is only one and that is something that I still will not discuss on a open forum until I get the heads up from Mr. Frazer

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
1) What is the meaning... I didn't think I would need to ask this really, I thought the fact that I was interested in the translation was fairly well implied in my post!

2) "Many different styles" isn't an answer. Which styles?

3) Hate to break it to you, but it's been done before, whatever it is! Whatever it is, it's not a huge secret, just tell us what the underlying principle is.

I'm already feeling like this is getting blood out of a stone! No information on the website and not much better out of someone advertising the style!

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well, I think this is one of those cases where actions (or their absense at least) speak louder than words. I asked 3 fairly straightforward questions on this style about 4 days ago, and have simply had my questions first evaded, then ignored. I've checked the "last activity" information for ppko several times since his last post in this thread, and he has been on the forum more than enough to have seen my questions rephrased and to know that I'm still waiting for answers.

Simple questions such as the parent arts of a style and its fundamental principle(s) should be made available to people before you ask them to hand over large sums of money for seminars. A beginner might think that this was a traditional Japanese style of jujutsu from the way you've presented it, while actually it's almost certainly not.

I guess ppko could always come back and answer the questions honestly, but I suspect that he will instead continue to ignore me despite my questions being perfectly legitimate.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Perhaps the envading tactic is done out of not creating conflict? Perhaps it is done without knowledge of it being done from the point of only focusing on the "plug" of the seminar, without wasting much time on its detail. The "plug" did include contact info, so whereas one can ask these questions, off forum.

The thread originator did mention the styles/instructors:

Featured Instructors for this month include J.P. Menendez all the way from Ecuador teaching Jujitsu concepts, Alan Shind will be teaching QiGong principles, Jeremy Bays will be sharing some ideas on how to integrate some of the Systema training with what we do, as well as other instructors yet to be announced.
(Of whom I performed a search and read on)

And contact info:
Hope to see as many of you who can make it. Call me at 859-468-8265 for info or directions.

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That still explains nothing whatsoever about jodoryu jujutsu (which the seminar will be focusing on I assume). The main reason for this level of curiosity is the fact that some time ago ppko was using his study in jodoryu as part of his background to back up his threads, but wouldn't go into any details at all, other than slipping in the "Disharmonic Emotion Theory" catchphrase, which he then wouldn't explain.

I can't exactly call his number for information, as I'm in the UK and such a call would be a complete waste of money when I should be able to get the answers either here or on the jodoryu website. Since no information on the style is available at all, I feel that the questions I asked were a bare minimum level of information that should be made available to people before you take money off people who believe they're getting traditional jujutsu but aren't really.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Aegis said:
That still explains nothing whatsoever about jodoryu jujutsu (which the seminar will be focusing on I assume). The main reason for this level of curiosity is the fact that some time ago ppko was using his study in jodoryu as part of his background to back up his threads, but wouldn't go into any details at all, other than slipping in the "Disharmonic Emotion Theory" catchphrase, which he then wouldn't explain.

I can't exactly call his number for information, as I'm in the UK and such a call would be a complete waste of money when I should be able to get the answers either here or on the jodoryu website. Since no information on the style is available at all, I feel that the questions I asked were a bare minimum level of information that should be made available to people before you take money off people who believe they're getting traditional jujutsu but aren't really.
I see what you are saying. But since you are in the UK, and you are not planning on spending money or attending, perhaps your questioning was out of simple curiousity.

However, you can google the guest instructors that was mentioned, which that will give you and idea what the seminar may be about.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aegis said:

I have never said that this is a traditional Jujitsu and like I have said before I will not discuss some things on an open forum. The site is still under construction so that is why there is not info there.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
I have never said that this is a traditional Jujitsu and like I have said before I will not discuss some things on an open forum.
This is a good policy for I am currently dealing with another member whom continues to act....well you know what towards me/my posts.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
This is a good policy for I am currently dealing with another member whom continues to act....well you know what towards me/my posts.
let me take a wild guess, is it my buddy:rolleyes: from japan

Latest Discussions