Anyone with me on this?

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I remember a time when I was not yet a practicing martial artist. I had this Jones for anything martial arts. Whether it was TV, a movie, Book, exhibition, etc.. I soaked anything and everything that I could up. I didn't care about what style or system, which school, organization or instructor, if it was martial arts, my attention was given. I remember the excitement I felt when I got near, or got anything martial arts, especially the first time I started training. I would listen, watch, or read from anyone, and give it honest thought, and I didn't discriminate one bit. I always studied, one way or another, and continue to do so. Throughout my journey, I have had bad associations, and experiences, as we probably all have had. Still, my entusiasm for the Martial Arts has never waivered. Even now, though I haven't physically practiced in a while, I find myself participating here at Martial Talk, as we all are, member or not. The whole idea of exchanging ideas, and just gaining more knowledge, from all of us, is truly great. At least this is my opinion. I aslo believe that many of you also, at one time, thought and felt the same exact way, which has led you here, and reading this thread. If so, and I think it is, I ask all of my fellow Martial Talkers, members or not, to get back to this, what I think of being, pure mindset. I ask you to make a real effort to get away from the fighting of Patches worn, schools trained at, teachers learned from. Whether you had bad experiences, financially, or personally. Still you persevered, and continue to feed Your martial art jones. I ask that we treat here as one big garage that we all train at. Where we all honestly exchange techniques and ideas, and truly enhance our learning. I ask that we see each other as fellow Martial Art enthusiasts, intead of our affiliations. We all have unique experiences, and thoughts, as well as shared ones, no matter our rank, or experience. Let's all contribute positively, please. I'm write this from my heart, ....seriously.

Anyone with me? Anyone to help clean up the Martial Art world, and make an effort here in MT?

(Thank you for the time to ramble.)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me as well!!!
icon14.gif

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is what MartialTalk is all about, Handsword.

Ever heard the expression, "learn from everyone?" That means everyone. Learning is a mindset and even if you learn from someone what not to do or what doesn't work for you, you've learned a humble lesson. Some people think that's a weak position to approach training from, yet a closed mind is a weak one, I've heard it said ....

It can be difficult at times to read comments we disagree with strongly and remember to *learn,* to ask questions, to challenge our experiential learning and theoretical understanding.

Nice post, Hand Sword.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I ask that we treat here as one big garage that we all train at. Where we all honestly exchange techniques and ideas, and truly enhance our learning. I ask that we see each other as fellow Martial Art enthusiasts, intead of our affiliations. We all have unique experiences, and thoughts, as well as shared ones, no matter our rank, or experience. Let's all contribute positively, please. I'm write this from my heart, ....seriously.

Anyone with me? Anyone to help clean up the Martial Art world, and make an effort here in MT?

(Thank you for the time to ramble.)

That's the goal and I'm with you on that one!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, count me in too..I hope it works, but there are a LOT of self-righteous smug MA's out there...I guess we have our work cut out for us...

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thats what I found in MT to tell you the truth. I was astounded when I found it amazed continiously while I mine it for wisdom.

All those moderators and contributors (payed or not) have made quite a nice warm home for us MAer's of any creed.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thats what I found in MT to tell you the truth. I was astounded when I found it amazed continiously while I mine it for wisdom.

All those moderators and contributors (payed or not) have made quite a nice warm home for us MAer's of any creed.

I just want to take a moment and thank everyone who is outspoken here about your positive experiences here.

Just so you all know, the only staff member here who is not a volunteer is the owner, Bob Hubbard. The rest of us just believe in this forum and its purpose enough to give our time and effort to keep it running smoothly. Thanks for the kind words, all!

And if I may add a gratuitous line :ultracool we are running a membership special right now - buy one, get one free. If you buy one year's supporting membership, you get your second year for free -or- you can give that membership to another member.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree with you Hand sword and I will as always try to be as positive as I can.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is what MartialTalk is all about, Handsword.

Ever heard the expression, "learn from everyone?" That means everyone. Learning is a mindset and even if you learn from someone what not to do or what doesn't work for you, you've learned a humble lesson. Some people think that's a weak position to approach training from, yet a closed mind is a weak one, I've heard it said ....

It can be difficult at times to read comments we disagree with strongly and remember to *learn,* to ask questions, to challenge our experiential learning and theoretical understanding.

Nice post, Hand Sword.

Without ugliness there can be no beauty - Lao Tzu

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
good viewpoint, i am definetly in with your point of view, i feel excited hearing that.

Latest Discussions