Anyone up for a Balt-Wash mini-meetup on Dec. 5

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone up for a Baltimore-Washington area meetup on Saturday, December 5? I'll be driving through the area on my way home from my family visit in NC.

Stone Dragone has expressed some interest, so has JKS9199. I know Ping898 is in the area too, and maybe a few more of you folks are also?

Stone Dragone is still on crutches after going through hell and back in Afghanistan so this may be more of a casual meet-and-hangout thing rather than a meetup-and-beatup. ;)

In order to make this happen, I'll need to spring for a room in the area. If anyone can recommend an inexpensive hotel in the area that won't mind me and a declawed cat, please let me know! :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Having traveled with a dog before... you might be better off simply not mentioning the cat. More hotels seem more tolerant of smaller dogs and especially cats, though.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If we can get a quick quorum together, we can figure out a good location that's reasonable for everybody, too.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Most of these hotels are within a mile or so of each other, about 4 minutes off of 295 (Balt/Wash Parkway) and advertise being pet friendly.

SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport

Moderate
899 Elkridge Landing Rd.
Linthicum, MD 21090
410-694-0555

TownePlace Suites Baltimore BWI Airport

Moderate
1171 Winterson Rd.
Linthicum, MD 21090
410-694-0060

Sleep Inn & Suites Airport

Budget
6055 Belle Grove Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21225
410-789-7223

Homewood Suites by Hilton/Baltimore-Washington International Airport

Moderate
1181 Winterson Rd
Linthicum, MD 21090
410-684-6100

http://baltimore.about.com/od/visitingbaltimore/tp/BWIhotels.htm

Good luck and see you in a few!

ap Oweyn

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like you'll be closer to Baltimore than DC. I probably won't be able to make it. Shame that. I used to live about 20 minutes from BWI. Now, it's more like an hour plus.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Location is to be determined, based on who wants to be there, and if Carol is staying overnight. Right now, I think there's some interest towards staying close to I-495, but I know that Carol & I also mentioned Chantilly/Herndon, as well, when the idea came up.

Practically, in terms of hotels... I would stay out of Tyson's Corner for the simple reason that the rates will drop dramatically by moving a bit west or north.

Just doing a quick check -- I see lots of hotel options in the Northern Virginia area that are listed as pet friendly.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've also talked about the Vienna/Tyson's Corner area; what sort of interest are we getting? What locations work for people?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like we're talking late lunch/early dinner at a restaurant in Vienna on Saturday afternoon; either I or Carol will PM details if you let me know you're interested. It's family friendly; I'm planning on bringing mine.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm sorry I'm going to have to cancel on the idea.

Snow is moving in to the eastern seaboard so I am going to be leaving North Carolina tonight in order to be ahead of the storm. I'll be passing through DC during the overnight hours this time around.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On that -- looking at the weather and knowing how folks around here drive in the snow (and it's even worse in the first snow!), with the peak of the snow being early to mid afternoon... Let's just try some other time.