Anyone know where to find a download of Carl Cestari's content?

GreenieMeanie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There's a mess of stuff on youtube, and the online store-- but I'm interested in a full package without delivery expenses.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm preferential to digital-- but it doesn't exist does it?
The only thing digital I think you will find is, one of his students Damian Ross has a website where you can stream the lessons it's called the self defense company or something like that. He also had a student named Clint I think but I forget his last name, he has some stuff out not sure if digital on Clint stuff though. Good luck.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The only thing digital I think you will find is, one of his students Damian Ross has a website where you can stream the lessons it's called the self defense company or something like that. He also had a student named Clint I think but I forget his last name, he has some stuff out not sure if digital on Clint stuff though. Good luck.
Clint Sporman

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Intense. I can be seen in the Fairbairn seminar and O'Neill seminar videos.
I've been wondering for a while, when would someone use a chin jab vs a tigers claw? Like they both are frontal strikes, I like them both but have never been able to figure out in which situation one would be better than the other. Also whats the difference between O'Neil style compared to fairbairn?

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've been wondering for a while, when would someone use a chin jab vs a tigers claw? Like they both are frontal strikes, I like them both but have never been able to figure out in which situation one would be better than the other. Also whats the difference between O'Neil style compared to fairbairn?
Why a chin jab vs a tiger claw? A chin jab is essentially an uppercut, so you may want to piston a few strikes into someone. A tiger claw (at least as Cestari shows it with the raised elbow), essentially becomes a throw or takedown using the eyeballs. So to a large extent, a tiger claw is an addition to a chinjab.

Difference between Fairbairn and O'Neill? If you look at the stances taught, it will give you a clue. In Fairbairn's system, there is no specific footwork taught. In the O'Neill system, the stance is very similar to a karate point fighting style, sideways. This gives you the ability to fight forward and back by rotating at the waist, without have to change feet positions. I have always thought of Fairbairn's style as intended for fighting an individual in front of you, while O'Neill's is more suited for melee fighting. There are of course, other differences in kicking styles (Fairbairn's influence from Savate, O'Neill's, I'm not sure where it's from) and various techniques.

Latest Discussions