How to find wall art/stencils of large figures

K

KempoSpirit

Hi all, I thought this would be a good place to ask if anyone knows where I can find wall art, like stenciled figures of warriors, that I've seen in different schools around. I cannot locate any resource for such stuff in any of the magazines or supply stores. I've also talked to several supply stores and that didn't help either.
Any advice, since I'm sure that someone out there has them on there wall.
I have also searched this site and didn't find any threads.
Thankx.

Fightback2

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't know exactly where you can find wall art but I have a trick you might want to use.

Find some regular size clip art (www.clipart.com is good) and print it on transparency material. Use an overhead projector which you can usually borrow or rent from a library and project the image onto the wall as large as you want it. Trace over the outlines then paint it in. It's like a giant coloring book. You can get as detailed or keep as simple as you like.

OP
K

Kempogeek

I agree with Fightback2. Clipart.com is the best resource for anything you are looking for. Do a search of what you are interested in sketching. In fact that's where I found the idea for a Xmas ornament last year. Santa doing a killer side kick. So Im sure something will turn up. Good luck. Best regards, Steve

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Probably not much help, but anywhere that sells posters usually has a few Bruce Lee ones in the mix.

You can use the projector method as outlined above, but if you dont have access to one you can use a simple grid. Print out a picture you like (there should be heaps on the internet) and rule a 10mm grid over it. (so each square has a side of 10mm).

The take your poster sized piece of paper, and rule a much larger grid over it. You can then use the grids as a guide to replicating the picture in a much larger scale. Again, you can be as detailed or as simple as you like.

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Fightback2 said:
I don't know exactly where you can find wall art but I have a trick you might want to use.

Find some regular size clip art (www.clipart.com is good) and print it on transparency material. Use an overhead projector which you can usually borrow or rent from a library and project the image onto the wall as large as you want it. Trace over the outlines then paint it in. It's like a giant coloring book. You can get as detailed or keep as simple as you like.

I used this trick for my schools walls. It cost me like $5.00 dollars to rent an overhead projector from the city library.

Latest Discussions