Anyone know anything about this Krav Maga School?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.kravmaga.com/index.php?option=com_xtremelocator&Itemid=179

Looks like they are part of KMWW (Krav Maga World Wide) which is run by Darren Levine. I have no idea if they are good or bad. Perhaps someone more familiar with that school can chime in. I've heard good and bad things about Darren, but like any art, thats to be expected. Personally, if you're asking for advice because you want to train there, then I would suggest that you go to the school and form your own opinion. YOU will be the one that is paying the cash to train and learn, so YOU need to form the opinion. :)

You could also call the National Training Center in Ca. and ask if they can tell you about the school.

Good luck in your search.

Mike

OP
U

ukiltmybrutha

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
http://www.kravmaga.com/index.php?option=com_xtremelocator&Itemid=179

Looks like they are part of KMWW (Krav Maga World Wide) which is run by Darren Levine. I have no idea if they are good or bad. Perhaps someone more familiar with that school can chime in. I've heard good and bad things about Darren, but like any art, thats to be expected. Personally, if you're asking for advice because you want to train there, then I would suggest that you go to the school and form your own opinion. YOU will be the one that is paying the cash to train and learn, so YOU need to form the opinion. :)

You could also call the National Training Center in Ca. and ask if they can tell you about the school.

Good luck in your search.

Mike

Just trying to make sure that I don't get scammed.

I am also pretty poor at judging what is going on within a class.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you want more info on KMWW and what it teaches, I suggest you scan through a copy of The Complete Krav Maga By Levine and Whitman. It will show you exactly what the curriculum is that you would study in a KMWW school and it explains the philosophy pretty well.

Not living in DC, I haven't heard of that school specifically. But I do train at a KMWW school in orange county, CA. I'm still there 18 months later, so I must be happy with it:).

Krood1

White Belt
Reaction score
Looks real deal to me. Im at a KMWW school, maybe I am biased.

Jump on www.kravmaga.com which is the KMWW website and go to its forums.

Sure...you'll get biased opinions but most there are pretty objective and you'll probably get in touch with someone that trains there.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that school is top notch.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From a glance at the page -- it seems like the intro is reasonably priced. Give it a shot, and decide for yourself if it's somewhere that you want to spend some time.

OP
U

ukiltmybrutha

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well all, I took a look at the class and the facility. All in all, I am very excited about signing up.

Thank you for your thoughts and patience.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Each KM school may run its classes differently, so it may be hard to pinpoint how every school will run.

Congrats on deciding to check the school out. :)

Please let us know how it goes! :)

Mike

zen4me

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
haven't been on MT for a while - sorry for the late reply - that KM center is where I train and it is definitely top notch. You will get your money's worth in my opinion.

Hope you made it up there for a class. :)

OP
U

ukiltmybrutha

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
haven't been on MT for a while - sorry for the late reply - that KM center is where I train and it is definitely top notch. You will get your money's worth in my opinion.

Hope you made it up there for a class. :)

I have been there since September! Maybe I know you lol.

zen4me

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Doubtful, I've been rehabbing an ACL replacement and haven't been to KMDC in a while. Officially "returning" to the fold this weekend at the Gun Defense Workshop, actually. I'm really looking forward to returning. That said, unless you're able to make it up for night classes we likely won't run into each other.

Hope you continue to enjoy KMDC, I think its a really good school and has a lot to offer.

Latest Discussions