Anyone Here New to Ninjutsu?

Konohamaru

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. Its Just I wanted to study Ninjutsu 10 years ago, but put it off (a lot of turmoil in my life). I am getting older, but I feel that I may need better self protection, and safety. I've always had a fascination with becoming a ninja, but my body is not well conditioned. Are there posts about a ninjas nutrition, what is the average cost generally to take courses in a dojo for Ninjutsu? Anyone know?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Confused as to what your issue is.

There are two steps to being a ninja.

Go find a ninja school.

Ninj until you are good at it.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. Its Just I wanted to study Ninjutsu 10 years ago, but put it off (a lot of turmoil in my life). I am getting older, but I feel that I may need better self protection, and safety. I've always had a fascination with becoming a ninja, but my body is not well conditioned. Are there posts about a ninjas nutrition, what is the average cost generally to take courses in a dojo for Ninjutsu? Anyone know?
If you find a school claiming to teach 'ninjitsu', it would probably be best to head in the opposite direction.

dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you can find a good Bujinkan school then it help you get a bit fitter and develop some self defence skills
Costs & quality of the schools vary so it's hard to provide a rule of thumb on a forum like this

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that by "Ninjutsu" you are referring to the Bujinkan or one of its offshoots (Genbukan, Jinenkan, Toshindo, etc) rather than some of the more fantasy-based alternatives.

Training in the X-kans usually does not require a particularly high level of conditioning. As with most martial arts, the training itself will help you build whatever conditioning is necessary if you don't already have it.

There is no special "ninja diet."

Cost of tuition depends entirely on the individual school. Non-profit clubs will cost less than commercial dojos. Schools in areas with expensive rents will typically cost more than schools in areas with cheap rents. On average, Ninjutsu dojos tend to charge about as much as comparable schools for other martial arts in the same geographic area.

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, It's £6 per lesson at a school quite near where I am

OP
K

Konohamaru

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks guys your info really helps alot. arigatou. ありがとう。which in japanese means thanks.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Loving this.

And welcome to Martialtalk, Konohamaru. ;)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Confused as to what your issue is.

There are two steps to being a ninja.

Go find a ninja school.

Ninj until you are good at it.

That sums it up, right there, Bear. Nice.