Any Virtual Reality sparring equipment?

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I saw some ads on VR practice on MA. Anyone have knowledge? I am working by myself, if there is any VR sparring stuff, that might help me.

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My instructor always told me the best piece of training equipment is another human being. Are you just not interested in finding a training partner?

OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My instructor always told me the best piece of training equipment is another human being. Are you just not interested in finding a training partner?
Not really, I don't know of anyone. I don't want to go to school anymore.

OP
A

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I look at some example, it's not helpful, I moved on already. I was hoping they have VR simulation they punch me and kick me and I can practice blocking and moving. No, it's really for self defense.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I look at some example, it's not helpful, I moved on already. I was hoping they have VR simulation they punch me and kick me and I can practice blocking and moving. No, it's really for self defense.
Join a gym with punching bags? Gain a sparring partner.

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Not really, I don't know of anyone. I don't want to go to school anymore.
What would you use for resistance and feedback? In reality you would just be swatting the air. This could make for a very bad sense of false reality.
Remember the first word; 'Martial' Art. I suggest you think about that.
Could VR be a tool for working on reaction time? Absolutely. But only as an augmentation. It will never take the place of actual training with contact and feedback.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I played Creed. That was one of the most realistic boxing experiences I've ever had outside a boxing ring.

There's a whole VR training gym, you can sit there for hours, without ever playing the comp or story modes (which are fun and pretty exciting).

You do need some room to move around, you're essentially shadowboxing blindfolded and in an illusion.

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Glad I found a thread on this. While I know Vr and other things can't replace a person what's everyone's opinion on using Vr as a supplement training?

I've also had the idea of watching videos of a pov when someone's throwing punches and such as a means of training the eyes to see it coming any thoughts on that?

Latest Discussions