Any Help Appreciated

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the board... I'm in Denver and can't help with your problem - but if you do find a good gym in Dallas, please let me know, because I've been looking for a place to work out when I visit my mother - she lives in Plano.

The Lorax

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How much training do you have? I'm sure there's somewhere that accepts Uchi Deshis, but they may require a certain skill level or recomendations from your sensei before they'll accept you.

gohan4202

White Belt
Reaction score
thank u all for the replys. my current lvl of training is pretty low i just have a little knowledge of basic punches kicks and grapple breaks. but i have started my physical training to try to get into shape. Because like i said i dont have much money that is why i am willing to try and make a deal through helping in classes and possibly whatever else. and hanks again all of your advise is very well appericated.

gohan4202

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello my name is christopher lee wallis i am 20 yrs old and have very little knowldege in tkd but i would like to progress. it has been my dream for some years now. the problem is that i am looking for a full time 24/7 teacher. i am willing to travel as far as needed. the thig is is that i am wiling to study full on and devote all my time to the art. i have very little money but am willing to work for my teachers if i can find any willing to accept me as their student.that be in the class or out of the class. however ireally am serious about this.If there are any serious people that are willing to take me in please reply to my e-mail [email protected] any help would be greatly appericated. and once again thanks to all who reply
:yinyang:

gohan4202

White Belt
Reaction score
I have found a shool in seattle washington but wanted to know if anyone here has heard of it. The site to look at it is http://martialartsseattle.com/ if a few of you would take a look at it and give me some feedback i would really appericate it. thanks

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
This school is affiliated with the Jae H. Kim Taekwondo Institutes in the Boston area (see www.tkd-boston.com). As I said in a previous thread (http://martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33674), GM Kim is the real deal and, at least from my experience, made sure his head instructors maintained the same level of excellence. I began my training with GM Kim at the headquarters school where he taught multiple classes every day.

Based on my experience, I would say you can't go wrong with this school. But, you still need to go to the school and check it out for yourself. Despite my ramblings and everyone's advice, the bottom line is it has to be the right place for YOU. Go see it. Take a class - they offer a trial - meet the isntructors, talk to students. Then, make your decision based on that.

Good luck.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards Chris, may your journey be fruitful and fulfilling.

Now about some of the posts from page one of the thread:

Wow, you guys have really opened up a can of worms when you brought up who they were certified by. For instance, and this is only an example but here goes.

Choi the founder of Hapkido taught Won-Kwang Wha, (As a side note: Won-Kwang was classmates with Ji Han Jae) Lee H. Park learned from Won-Kwang Wha, Charles Hildebrand and Mike Morton learn Hapkido from Lee.
Does that make their certification less? I don't believe so, not for one moment. I know Mr. Park was a great grandmaster in Tae kwon Do and Yudo as well. For instance I Know Charles is a 7th dan grandmaster in Tae kwon Do and 5th dan master in Hapkido, he was one of Lee H. Park's first students. Mike is my father and obtained his 5th dan from grandmaster Hildebrand and great grandmaster Park's brother Eui, who also studied with Won-Kwang Wha.

The point I am trying to get to is this, I don't necessarily care about ITF or WTF certification, nor Kukkiwon certification either. I mean it is all well and good and has its place. However, in St. Louis I have seen some buy your black belt McDojo schools with the above certification(s) hanging on their wall. I am more interested in knowing the lineage of the teachers to their instructors.

Sorry about the long soapbox, it is just my opinion.

Also, if you wonder about the school or its instructor go and watch a class, watch the demeanor of the environment. Your good judgement will tell you if it is a good school or not.

Hoshin

Matt

Latest Discussions