Any effective boxing drills you know of?

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
HEY EXCUSE ME! I've been doing squats every single day and clean-pulls three days a week, plus lots of upper-body lifting. And even cardio! And you calling me lazy??
Good for you

and no I didn’t call you lazy I said it in general but as I’ve said there’s plenty of other ways to get Boxing training. There’s plenty of online zoom classes right now plenty of places doing outside training and you said a gym near you is closed...okay what about other gyms in the area. There’s always a way to get round it if you really want it

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
HEY EXCUSE ME! I've been doing squats every single day and clean-pulls three days a week, plus lots of upper-body lifting. And even cardio! And you calling me lazy??
doing just what you want to do, doesn't stop you from being considered lazy--i know this from hard experience

Last edited:

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
As for the question on this. Not really because you need a coach. You can watch a video and copy it and think you’re doing it fine but more than likely you’ll be making numerous mistakes (not just you op specifically anyone) and when you do get to a real class you’ll have those bad habits as muscle memory and it’ll be harder to correct

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes...I know several.
start with these:
J-C-H
J-J-C
C-H-C
H-C-H
C-H-U
H-U-H

Jab
Cross
Hook
Uppercut
Want to add for any beginners that might read this...typically jab/hook are done with lead hands, cross/uppercut done with rear. Doesn't have to be this way though, but the motions tend to flow into each other. Worth experimenting with rear hook/lead uppercut as well, and changing heigh with each punch.

D

Deleted member 39746

There are also plenty of gyms that are open to. Or there’s online zoom classes or there’s outdoor sessions. Plenty of opportunities around if you actually look around for it. This pandemic is a good excuse for the lazy not to train but to say they would if they could

And there are also plenty that are shut. And its perfectly a reasonably situation that the ones he are at are shut. (or he doesnt wish to go on some very fine grounds, it wouldnt be same as normal classes anyway)

Also, the zoom call thing, i think plenty of people have back peddled their views on distance learning for martial arts in lgiht of this and i get the feeling it may or may not be down to some income over none, but besides the argument anyway. A once a week recording thing would leave you to self study until that once a week call.

and that comment also plays into the duality of viewpoints i see, besides the point anyway, that was just a comment for the mixture of views i have seen.

Latest Discussions