Any AIKKA members

• Thread starter Chicago Green Dragon
  • Start date
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Just wondering if there were any AIKKA members on the talk forum ?

Chicago Green
Dragon :asian:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chicago Green Dragon
Just wondering if there were any AIKKA members on the talk forum ?

Chicago Green

Trained under one for 5 yrs...

jb

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

and what did you think of it ?

Chicago Green

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
and what did you think of it ?

Chicago Green

A lot of mat time fighting, a great deal of interest in speed, but little emphasis on principles and concepts of "modern standard Kenpo". Fortunately I had GD7 and Doc to look after me..

Anything your referring to specifically...I know he has a video program, but the guy I trained under trained under him directly and was a 6th. I've seen his vids, I have some of his books. What specifically are you asking?

jb

OP
E

Elfan

Who's organization is it and what does the name stand for?

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Originally posted by jbkenpo
A lot of mat time fighting, a great deal of interest in speed, but little emphasis on principles and concepts of "modern standard Kenpo". Fortunately I had GD7 and Doc to look after me..

Anything your referring to specifically...I know he has a video program, but the guy I trained under trained under him directly and was a 6th. I've seen his vids, I have some of his books. What specifically are you asking?

jb

I was interested in training with the Doc. I have seen some of his videos and also read some of his published material. I was wondering first hand what it was like to train with the Doc in person. I have found his videos very enlightning and he seems like a pretty down to earth person.
I was going to see if i could plan some time in the future to fly out for a week to train with the Doc.

Chicago Green

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Originally posted by Elfan
Who's organization is it and what does the name stand for?

American International Karate & Kung Fu Association

The organization was founded by Dr John La Tourrette
American International Karate Kung-Fu Schools of Self-Defense, 10th Dan

Chicago Green

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Originally posted by XtremeJ_AKKI
Ah, the same dude who wrote that Ed Parker's ' neutral bow ' stance was the biggest joke of a stance. Gotcha.

Hmm I have never read that one.
Where did you read that comment ?

Oh also, very cool website.

Chicago Green

XtremeJ_AKKI

Green Belt
Reaction score
From some of his older material...I think it was the printed stuff that came along with his ' Speed Hitting ' tapes.

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

From some of his older material...I think it was the printed stuff that came along with his ' Speed Hitting ' tapes.

Hmm I think I might have some of that material.
I'll take a look when I have the chance.

Thanks for the info ...............

Chicago Green

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah, the same dude who wrote that Ed Parker's ' neutral bow ' stance was the biggest joke of a stance. Gotcha.

Yep,

Folks are always remembered for their shocking quotes. I think he said that in one of his vids as well if I remember correctly...He was into the "liquid bow"..I think that's what you AKKI guys call it...Or more of a JKD type stance with the rear foot turned to 90 degrees with the weight on the ball of the foot in a cocked position instead of 45 degrees and flat. Front foot is still at 45 degrees...That's what my old instructor taught.

jb

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was interested in training with the Doc. I have seen some of his videos and also read some of his published material. I was wondering first hand what it was like to train with the Doc in person. I have found his videos very enlightning and he seems like a pretty down to earth person.
I was going to see if i could plan some time in the future to fly out for a week to train with the Doc.

Chicago Green

Cha Ching...

XtremeJ_AKKI

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yep,

Folks are always remembered for their shocking quotes. I think he said that in one of his vids as well if I remember correctly...He was into the "liquid bow"..I think that's what you AKKI guys call it...Or more of a JKD type stance with the rear foot turned to 90 degrees with the weight on the ball of the foot in a cocked position instead of 45 degrees and flat. Front foot is still at 45 degrees...That's what my old instructor taught.

jb

No, we call that the ' modified neutral bow '. The ' Liquid Bows ' concept is more of an idea-in-application than an actual stance.

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Cha Ching...

Hmm i take it by your comment its a bit expensive......

Chicago Green

Latest Discussions