Antony Cummins - Shoninki

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Johhny.

A few things. First, why did you link the same video twice? Okay, forget that one. Second, you may be interested to know that I am Dgmgl on you-tube. Third, and I didn't want to necessarily do this, you may want to check out the following thread on MAP. Especially the last few pages.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97793

I am not quick to dismiss Antony because of our history as part of the Bujinkan, but because he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about, what he is doing, he constantly shows no understanding of Japanese culture, language, traditions, martial arts, history, or anything that may actually give him any credibility in this field whatsoever. His own history and hist story change constantly.

Read the other thread, and see why not just Bujinkan members, but anyone with any understanding of Japanese martial arts, whether they support the Bujinkan story or not, consider the guy, in the words of a member of a Koryu there, a moron, and when he showed Antony's clips to his Japanese friends, they asked if Antony has any mental issues that we are unaware of. And that was a serious, non-joking question. Nothing he says has any credibility. So, we don't care. Okay?

ronin7411

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Human error I admit it here is the one that was suppose to go there

I read your link no matter who train with in the martial arts you always going to be having someone criticizing you for doing so saying who train with is a fraud or your style isn't effective in combat you can't please everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey Chris, if you don't mind me asking you a question are you so quick to dismiss Anthony's videos on the Bujinkan because your style of Ninjutsu is derived from the Bujinkan because when I clicked on your link in your signature it says this on its homepage:

I don't want to speak for Chris, but I think Chris dismisses Anthony's opinions on anything related to ninjutsu, because Anthony has shown to be ignorant of the art, the history, and has had no credible training in either Bujinkan or Genbukan, despite his insistence of having trained in both at the same time.
That, and the fact that he does not understand the language or the culture.

Basically, the same as I think.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read your link no matter who train with in the martial arts you always going to be having someone criticizing you for doing so saying who train with is a fraud or your style isn't effective in combat you can't please everybody.

Sorry man, can you repeat that in English?

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry man, can you repeat that in English?

Let me take a stab at it:

I read your link. nNo matter whom you train with in the martial arts, you are always going to be having have someone criticizing you for doing so, saying that whom you train with is a fraud or that your style isn't effective in combat. yYou can't please everybody.

Granted. This is perhaps petty of me to do. But it illustrates the importance of using proper grammar and punctuation if you want to get a point across.

[yt]Mj6QqCH7g0Q[/yt]

Last edited:

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
As for the argument: it is true that the world of ninjutsu is filled with controverse.
However, dear Anthony has had no formal training in any of the legit organizations. He apparently said that 'his teacher' told him he was as good as any 4th dan. He also does not understand the art, the culture or the language, and claims to have received a full transmission of the ninjutsu (related) part of TSKS ryu.

So all in all, I'd say that he is not exactly painting a picture that correlates with anything related to authentic ninjutsu.