Answer this question....if you dare.....

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nevada_MO_Guy said:
Final Destination.

*spoiler alert*

I ended up using final destination for the project.

I was doing a presentation in a graduate psych class on false memory implimentation in critical incident amnesia. I picked the scene where the teacher (I am guessing) was at home and her computer exploded and a piece of glass sliced her throat. I didn't frame the scene at all, I just played it starting when she threw out the hot water from the coffee mug and decided to fill it up with liquor instead. Without framing or the students knowing exactly what movie we were watching, it ended up being somewhat suspensful for them. The scene was only about 30 seconds.

It was good, it got a good jump for some people.

It worked out for the project as well because with leading questions, students created false memories about the details from the thirty second clip (and some were pretty significant, such as descriptions of the woman and from what cut her throat). Of course there was that revalation and a discussion afterwords, backed with academic sources.

All and all, it was a success. And it provides a good discussion here. Nice work everyone! :)

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
I was doing a presentation in a graduate psych class on false memory implimentation in critical incident amnesia.
Wow, that sounds intense.

Glad it worked out for you.

That episode was a mean one...she got stabbed by the glass, a fire started, she got stabbed by a knife, then really stabbed by the same knife, then the house blows up.....crazy.

Final Destination 3 is out now. :popcorn:

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
I think that is the only eye-gouging movie scene that didn't gross me out. Two words came to mind: Poetic justice.

Aye, but it's Daryl Hannah, it makes me a little sad.. But of course, with no eyes I think I actually have a chance with her!

empty cup

White Belt
Reaction score
The thought that Adam Sandler is still making movies--aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!------------Just kidding---well not really. Seriously though I can think of a number scenes from the Dawn of the Dead Remake. The scene at the start of the movie where the little girl bites a big chunk of daddys neck. Then daddy turns in to a zombie. The leggless zombie that drops on to the security guard in the parking garage.

--SPOILER ALERT--

The end of the movie where you find out that they were not going to make it after all.

Although not really scary the zombie baby had to be one of the highlights of the movie.

Latest Discussions