Another Stunning Idea I didn't think of

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Service offers bad Christmas wrapping
Published: Dec. 14, 2008 at 2:40
LONDON, Dec. 14 (UPI) -- Workers in London paid to offer poor present wrapping services through CrapWrap say customers will get exactly what they expect. Wrapper Kevin Smith said those who decide to pay for the $5.90 service from Firebox.com will receive a gift wrapped with little or no skill so any individual can claim to have wrapped it themselves, The Mail on Sunday reported.
"I am rubbish," Smith said of his gift-wrapping skills. "We're not given any instructions. I'm just asked to make a hash of it, using lots of brown tape and making sure there are rips and untidy folds."
Firebox spokeswoman Claire Wood said by offering the service, husbands and boyfriends worldwide can make it appear they took the time to personally, albeit poorly, wrap gifts for their loved ones.
END EXCERPT
Damn it! I suck at gift wrapping! This is the perfect job for me!

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'm a lazy wrapper. I cut a strip of the end of the roll, no matter the size of the gift, and wrap it round and round. If I give my wife a nice little bit of jewelery, it takes several minutes to open. I tape gifts like I'm trying to stop a arterial bleed.

I really like gift bags.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrapping packages isn't hard. In a previous job, I had to wrap classified material for transfer between facilities, so I got pretty good at doing a good job of getting things wrapped.

Gift wrapping sometimes takes some creativity, too... but it really just comes down to planning a bit, and being careful about cutting and measuring.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a lazy wrapper. I cut a strip of the end of the roll, no matter the size of the gift, and wrap it round and round. If I give my wife a nice little bit of jewelery, it takes several minutes to open. I tape gifts like I'm trying to stop a arterial bleed.

I really like gift bags.

You too??? Gee now I don't feel so bad....I love the malls that have gift wrapping centers...

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ever since taping my hand to a gift I was attempting to wrap a few years ago, I now take advantage of gift-wrapping services whenever possible... :rofl:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Service offers bad Christmas wrapping
Published: Dec. 14, 2008 at 2:40
LONDON, Dec. 14 (UPI) -- Workers in London paid to offer poor present wrapping services through CrapWrap say customers will get exactly what they expect. Wrapper Kevin Smith said those who decide to pay for the $5.90 service from Firebox.com will receive a gift wrapped with little or no skill so any individual can claim to have wrapped it themselves, The Mail on Sunday reported.
"I am rubbish," Smith said of his gift-wrapping skills. "We're not given any instructions. I'm just asked to make a hash of it, using lots of brown tape and making sure there are rips and untidy folds."
Firebox spokeswoman Claire Wood said by offering the service, husbands and boyfriends worldwide can make it appear they took the time to personally, albeit poorly, wrap gifts for their loved ones.
END EXCERPT

Don,

The report is in London. I am sure you could get a lcoal company going before the lawyers could catch up with you, ;) Besides a small business like most likely has not filed for copy right here in the states.

Thanks

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thank God for tissue paper, Bags and Wifes!!

I can't wrap a gift without it looking like Picasso did it!!

I watched someone wrap a gift before and the folding in different ways the small amounts of tape I thought I was in some strange Tea-like ceremony. Don maybe you could do the Gift wrapping service I mean look at Famous Amo's cookies he baked his cookies became famous sold the business then started a "small batch homemade" cookie company!!
Thats marketing!!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I still use the Sunday funnies to wrap all my gifts. That, or those free promo bumper stickers places give out. I just wrap the hell out of stuff with those so its impossible to open. LOLZ.