Another Red Flag USAT is in trouble..

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
With the Sport Poomsae problem earlier, added on the Open Form Division 2 months before National..now its the UNDECIDED ULTRA & Grass root Senior Fighting date 3 weeks before National.

I just received an email from Mark K, the director of events, asking the memberships/athletes to decide which date is good for them to fight. Whether its Saturday, the 3rd, or Sunday, 4th. He asked the members to decide by the 15th.

All of the previous JO & SR packages posted stated that Grass Root Seniors and Ultra are fighting on Saturday. The latest package posted was June 4th is stating Saturday.

Why is confusion? Was it because Hangastar program shown the wrong date when the athletes registered? What???

Now I have to put a hold on buying the plane tickets. *drat!*

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That would be par for that course. The stories I could tell you.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No this is just there way of controlling people that like to be controlled. Come on my lady is this not enough for you to see what trouble they are in? I mean so close to National and asking what date, must people have already made thier travel arrangements and cannot change them without more fee's. Just like the good days a Hitler stay in control at all times should be the USAT motto.

OP
taekwondodo

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
No this is just there way of controlling people that like to be controlled. Come on my lady is this not enough for you to see what trouble they are in? I mean so close to National and asking what date, must people have already made thier travel arrangements and cannot change them without more fee's. Just like the good days a Hitler stay in control at all times should be the USAT motto.
I think you heading to the left field. :) j/k

I think it was either a typo/no editor/too much to do and not enough staff/etc.. and USAT just caught it after many email from people.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now I have to put a hold on buying the plane tickets. *drat!*
What!!! You have not purchased air fare yet?!? Wow you must live really close to Florida or you are just $rich$. I just looked at prices and they are $150+ the price I got them at 2 months ago.

Don't hold off too long. It is just one day.

That means you havn't gotten a hotel yet either. Oh man are you paying premium pricing. You need another son? I am house broken already.
icon10.gif

But back to USAT. Yes it is a shame what they are doing. If you don't have the dates set by now then there is something really wrong. Maybe they need a new Tournament Director. It is his job to do these things.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
For those that have not purchased their airfare yet, AirTran announce a decent sale today that covers Nationals week and they do fly into Orlando.

http://www.airtran.com/sale/default.aspx?saleID=451 (It's a 1 day sale only so you must purchase today)

Good luck to those of you suckers that are forking over your hard earned cash this year to the obviously Eff'd up USAT.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
For those that have not purchased their airfare yet, AirTran announce a decent sale today that covers Nationals week and they do fly into Orlando.

http://www.airtran.com/sale/default.aspx?saleID=451

Good luck to those of you suckers that are forking over your hard earned cash this year to the obviously Eff'd up USAT.
LOL, are you and your daughter sitting back with Popcorn and rootbeer?

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, i got that email today...it totally messes with my plans. I already arranged for a hotel with plans to hit the road on the 4th. It's going to add a degree of PITA as well as extra money to an already expensive trip.

Sigh....

Peace,
Erik

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
LOL, are you and your daughter sitting back with Popcorn and rootbeer?

Nah, like I said a few weeks back, I will wave down to the fools in Orlando as my Jamaica bound plane passes over.

Actually though, we have decided that even instead of Jamaica that we are going to separate this year's vacation into three 3 day weekend trips instead. So we will go to Chicago for a weekend, New York for a weekend and Boston for a weekend.

We have never been beyond the airports in NY and Boston, so that will be fun and we have only been to Chi-Town 1 time (on our way to Detroit for Natl's a couple of years ago) and we had so much fun but were only there for a day so there is lots more we want to do there.

OP
taekwondodo

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
What!!! You have not purchased air fare yet?!? Wow you must live really close to Florida or you are just $rich$. I just looked at prices and they are $150+ the price I got them at 2 months ago.

Don't hold off too long. It is just one day.

That means you havn't gotten a hotel yet either. Oh man are you paying premium pricing. You need another son? I am house broken already.
icon10.gif

But back to USAT. Yes it is a shame what they are doing. If you don't have the dates set by now then there is something really wrong. Maybe they need a new Tournament Director. It is his job to do these things.
I purchased the plane tickets today, $260/per that is with tax. We had the hotel reserved already. So we are all set.

If I have to fight on Sunday, my kids and husband will missed it and we only have to change 1 flight instead of all 4.

I believed the problem lies in the difference between the Confirmation page after the members registered for the divisions from Hangastar software vs the date posted in the registration package posted by USAT. The Hangastar Confirmation page stated that Ultra & Grassroots fight on Sunday.

It was told to me by my instructor that members noticed the differences, asked USAT official, and the official said the date from the Confirmation page was ok.

As for me and others, I followed the Registration schedules and did not pay any attention to the confirmation page so I did not noticed the date discrepency.

So now we have this mess.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I purchased the plane tickets today, $260/per that is with tax. We had the hotel reserved already. So we are all set.

If I have to fight on Sunday, my kids and husband will missed it and we only have to change 1 flight instead of all 4.

I believed the problem lies in the difference between the Confirmation page after the members registered for the divisions from Hangastar software vs the date posted in the registration package posted by USAT. The Hangastar Confirmation page stated that Ultra & Grassroots fight on Sunday.

It was told to me by my instructor that members noticed the differences, asked USAT official, and the official said the date from the Confirmation page was ok.

As for me and others, I followed the Registration schedules and did not pay any attention to the confirmation page so I did not noticed the date discrepency.

So now we have this mess.
Well that is good. Best of luck to you and anyone else competing.

Where are you coming from? I am coming all the way form sunny California (finally sunny that is).

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The National Events Manager once told me that the next intern they got had to be female as they were crap at proof reading. They are horrible at proofing. That is how we got bracketed forms, they posted the infor when that was not what he meant to do. And now it is so successful even AAU is doing it this year. http://image.aausports.org/dnn/tw/2010BRACKETED-FORMS.pdf

Are you saying women are useless at proof reading or that the events staff are? It reads as if you are getting at women!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are you saying women are useless at proof reading or that the events staff are? It reads as if you are getting at women!
Rhonda Sweet is a woman, so I don't think she would get at herself. But then again you never know.
icon10.gif

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

The event manager said that...

But the way they pick everything else, I am sure they picked a cute, sweet, inapt girl...
:roflmao:

I am sure her coffee is god tho!

OP
taekwondodo

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well that is good. Best of luck to you and anyone else competing.

Where are you coming from? I am coming all the way form sunny California (finally sunny that is).
We are from Dallas Metro area, and it is sunny year round. :)

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score

I doubt that Mark wanted a woman who couldn't proofread, nor do I think anyone else took it that way. However, since the English teacher in the group wants to call out the pronoun error -

Mark Kaufman told me that he wanted the next intern to be a woman as the current male staff was crap at proofreading.

Latest Discussions