Animal MacYoung on the MAs

OP
T

tmanifold

gusano said:
I agree that there are people who have a grappling background that could possibly earn a blue belt in 6 months. But most people? I would say that they are not earning their belts but buying them! There is no way in hell, that most people can earn a blue belt in less than 6 months. I know at Carlson Sr's academy, there are 3 year white belts who should have been blue belts for a year in my opinion. He is hardest on Brazilians. I know a Brazilian blue belt that has been blue for 5 years! He skills are undoubetly purple belt level. Sr believes in a person EARNING his belt. I can't speak for how everyone runs their school, but 6 months or less for a blue belt is ABSURD! I would love to see them spar with some of the white belts in Chicago.

Sounds like a good school.

Tony

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think that this link perhaps tells best what Marc "The Mummy" MacYoung thinks about martial arts, fighting and self defense.

I think it also is good reason why some people just stand besided themselves with hatred towards MacYoung. What do you expect them to do except try straw man tactics, etc, when their sacred cows are served up with BBQ sauce?

OP
E

Emptyglass

auxprix said:
My questions are:
1) What do you think about his views of our beloved MAs
2) Does this guy have the credentials to claim himself an expert

Hi there:

1. I think Mr. MacYoung's website is definitely worth reading. You'll have to make your own decision about whether he is correct or not. Personally I think he's spot on.

2. In my opinion, yes.

Rich Curren

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Emptyglass said:
Hi there:

1. I think Mr. MacYoung's website is definitely worth reading. You'll have to make your own decision about whether he is correct or not. Personally I think he's spot on.

2. In my opinion, yes.

Rich Curren
now we are back on the subject.

Thank You,
PPKO

Latest Discussions