An interesting experience

OP
Midnight-shadow

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
We do a similar drill as well. One person is surrounded by 3-6 people with pads who swarm in and the defender has to try to not get surrounded while striking the pads. If we are short on pads, some of the attackers merely interfere with the defender, momentarily grabbing the defender's arms or giving them a shove.

It's very frustrating and exhausting. But still pretty fun.

That sounds a bit more advanced than what I was doing. Since the attackers I was facing moved in slowly I typically didn't have to move around too much before landing strikes on them. It would be interesting to try a scenario where I had to move around more while looking for an opening to attack.

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That sounds a bit more advanced than what I was doing. Since the attackers I was facing moved in slowly I typically didn't have to move around too much before landing strikes on them. It would be interesting to try a scenario where I had to move around more while looking for an opening to attack.

Maybe. This was a drill to learn to keep moving and attacking while being swarmed. It's exhausting. A couple of minutes and you're totally drained.