Alamo City Kenpo Clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by tarabos
man i tell you what...texas and the surrounding areas get the better seminar events...that's for sure. i hate living up here in the boon-docks of PA...

Well, no one ever comes down here in the backwaters (Corpus Christi). I just get a few passing Kenpoists, like Jason Bugg, and Gary Cathernman that pass through here.:mad:

(Not that there's anything wrong with them)

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by RCastillo
Well, no one ever comes down here in the backwaters (Corpus Christi). I just get a few passing Kenpoists, like Jason Bugg, and Gary Cathernman that pass through here.:mad:

You got a car!

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score

It's true that you are almost completely alone in the wilderness. You and Gary need to form a Kenpo support group and make something big down there, whether Joey wants to be a part of it or not. At least you have the basis for something good. Most folks don't have that much space, as nice a facility or that kind of set up (business wise). I think marketing will be the key to your success. Notice I didn't say good marketing, just marketing. Get the name out more, flyers at the teenage hang outs and gyms right around there. Spend $25 on 500 flyers and see what happens. Worst case you get some bites or a fine for litering in Corpus...:D

jb:asian:

p.s. If your reply is, "I've done that" then my answer is, "DO IT AGAIN"......I'll even offer my desktop publishing expertise to make you look good if you'd like (in terms of layout, if you send me a glossy 8 x 10 there is nothing I can do to make that look better...lol).

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Give those Choi's some competition!!!! With their 10 year old Black Belt kids in almost every school, you may want to shoot for the Parole Office (call Kara Adams), the juvinelle and adult probation offices, you can put something up at the Corpus PD and Sheriff's offices, and over at the College, I will send you a flyer if you like. Let me know if you want any help, but it may be more efficient to market yourself through the college, you know, women's self-defense (a 6-week seminar - I have an outline if you want to see it.) OK so what if you are Tracy and I am EPAK, it is still Kenpo and better than most of the stuff out on the street. One 6-week seminar and the FIST suit is paid for.

-Michael

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Michael Billings
Give those Choi's some competition!!!! With their 10 year old Black Belt kids in almost every school, you may want to shoot for the Parole Office (call Kara Adams), the juvinelle and adult probation offices, you can put something up at the Corpus PD and Sheriff's offices, and over at the College, I will send you a flyer if you like. Let me know if you want any help, but it may be more efficient to market yourself through the college, you know, women's self-defense (a 6-week seminar - I have an outline if you want to see it.) OK so what if you are Tracy and I am EPAK, it is still Kenpo and better than most of the stuff out on the street. One 6-week seminar and the FIST suit is paid for.

-Michael

I tried!!!

I had one set at Del Mar College, no takers!:mad:

So, I'm still at the "Y". People here are ignorant. Believe me, I have tried!

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
I tried!!!

I had one set at Del Mar College, no takers!:mad:

So, I'm still at the "Y". People here are ignorant. Believe me, I have tried!

TRY AGAIN!!! Put on a smile and lose the negative attitude...

Imagine how many times truely successful people have failed, a lot more than those who just say I tried and it didn't work.

jb:asian:

Kalicombat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ricardo,
We need to get put our noggins together and come up with something. We could do some demos at Buc Days, Heritage Park, something. When they have those homeshows at the Bayfront, or the Coliseum. Im game to help you out anyway I can. I have some pretty cool ideas for demos that Mr. Hilderbrand told me about back in the day. Give me a yell or drop me an email.

Gary Catherman.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Kalicombat
Ricardo,
We need to get put our noggins together and come up with something. We could do some demos at Buc Days, Heritage Park, something. When they have those homeshows at the Bayfront, or the Coliseum. Im game to help you out anyway I can. I have some pretty cool ideas for demos that Mr. Hilderbrand told me about back in the day. Give me a yell or drop me an email.

Gary Catherman.

I'm in too, if I can help in anyway. Just give me ample notice.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I also have friends in Corpus I am way overdue to visit. Do you think a Kenpo thing would be appropriate at the Bob Marley festiville ... probably not, but maybe some Copiera.

No seriously, if you need another body there to generate some interest, I could make it on a weekend. Sending you a couple of things via email.

-Michael

OP
R

Rob_Broad

My wife promised I could go along as I did not end up in jail for any of the following: Public Intoxication, Public Nudity, Soliciting Prostitution

My answers to the above were simple, nobody takes me out in public and she is the only one foolish enough to pay me for sex.

So I am seriously working on the funds for the Alamo City Kenpo Clinic.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Rob_Broad
So I am seriously working on the funds for the Alamo City Kenpo Clinic.

I really hope you do, that'd be awesome.

OP
J

jeffkyle

What is up with the spacing between the text?
My eyes...my eyes!

OP
B

bahenlaura

:(

Hey next time when you do a drive by, why don't you stop and drop in and show us a few move.

:D

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by bahenlaura
:(

Hey next time when you do a drive by, why don't you stop and drop in and show us a few move.

:D

Why don't you call me or email me..We live in the same city. I am not hard to find!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions