Alabama’s immigration reform again cuts unemployment

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The brown pride aside - it's a wicked thing when you are uprooted how intensely you try to re-connect with your identity, heritage and nationality is a part of that.
but that is not the heart of the problem.

As I said, I don't blame them for coming here. I do blame the politicians for not finding ways for them to be able to do so legally. It would deal a huge blow to the underworld, all the trafficers losing their jobs, I am sure drugs would move at a slower pace as well. Win/win

But the politicians don't just pin the brown people against the rest. It's everybody against everybody. Just look around. Partisanship run amok! Stuff is being voted down, just because it's from 'the other guy' not because it's bad. Stuff voted in because it's 'from us' never mind it's a horrible law.

And no, the farmers did not bring that on themselves. They are a pawn in this game. You can live happily without oil or electricity, even running water or central air. But everybody must have food. Something. Every day. And poor people do crazy things when hungry. Like storming a fortified jail. Panem et Circenses. Old leadership principle from the Roman Empire: Feed them and keep their little minds busy, and you can do as you please.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The brown pride aside - it's a wicked thing when you are uprooted how intensely you try to re-connect with your identity, heritage and nationality is a part of that.
but that is not the heart of the problem.
They are not uprooted they came here freely.

As I said, I don't blame them for coming here. I do blame the politicians for not finding ways for them to be able to do so legally. It would deal a huge blow to the underworld, all the trafficers losing their jobs, I am sure drugs would move at a slower pace as well. Win/win
I dont blame them either but if they are not here legally then they need to go. There are ways to get here legally my mother did it.

But the politicians don't just pin the brown people against the rest. It's everybody against everybody. Just look around. Partisanship run amok! Stuff is being voted down, just because it's from 'the other guy' not because it's bad. Stuff voted in because it's 'from us' never mind it's a horrible law.
Thats why there needs to be term limits on congress. They are more woried about playing politics and getting reelected then fixing problems. They also need to go back to part time congress like it was started only meeting between crop cycles and going back home. My friend is DC capital officer part of the protection detail for congress he is assigned a congressman and he protects them. His protectee is from the west coast my buddy lives in Washington DC and he home more then I am. The congress person is in DC all the time he hardly ever goes home to his district.

And no, the farmers did not bring that on themselves. They are a pawn in this game. You can live happily without oil or electricity, even running water or central air. But everybody must have food. Something. Every day. And poor people do crazy things when hungry. Like storming a fortified jail. Panem et Circenses. Old leadership principle from the Roman Empire: Feed them and keep their little minds busy, and you can do as you please.
I disagree when the family farmers started to cash out to super corprate farms that can drive down production cost they hurt the rest of the small farms by bring down the price of the product. Kinda like Walmart driving out small mom and pop stores. Now Im ok with it and I have no symapthy for the "poor" farmer.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The farmers often have no choice but to sell the family homestead. Farming is brutal.

(and it does not matter if you came voluntarily or were thrown in the back of a truck: Having a few thousand miles between you and your family and known way of life is uprooted. try it some times. You will find it does a weird number on what things are important. Not condoning gang activity though.)
And trying to make a living for your (extended) family is not exactly an all out volunteer action.

But that is absolutely beside the point. The spoiled north has grown to rely on their cheap labor. Any statement to the contrary is absolutely false, any action to cut this workforce off without replacement (with legals) is going to backfire.

Besides, in a state like Alabama who has gone through great length to attract foreign investors, how will they fare when they start to harass people from abroad. Those companies will always have a core staff from the home country and while they will be all here with legal visas, who needs the hassle?!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The farmers often have no choice but to sell the family homestead. Farming is brutal.
So is everything else thats life

(and it does not matter if you came voluntarily or were thrown in the back of a truck: Having a few thousand miles between you and your family and known way of life is uprooted. try it some times. You will find it does a weird number on what things are important. Not condoning gang activity though.)
And trying to make a living for your (extended) family is not exactly an all out volunteer action.
Again you do it to your self dont cry about it later that you miss your home land your not supposed to be here in the first place

But that is absolutely beside the point. The spoiled north has grown to rely on their cheap labor. Any statement to the contrary is absolutely false, any action to cut this workforce off without replacement (with legals) is going to backfire.
few million people on welfare can fill the void but they choose to collect the free check

Besides, in a state like Alabama who has gone through great length to attract foreign investors, how will they fare when they start to harass people from abroad. Those companies will always have a core staff from the home country and while they will be all here with legal visas, who needs the hassle?!

Who are they harrassing? They only ask if your stopped legally and as long as your here legally your ok.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So is everything else thats life

Again you do it to your self dont cry about it later that you miss your home land your not supposed to be here in the first place

few million people on welfare can fill the void but they choose to collect the free check

Who are they harrassing? They only ask if your stopped legally and as long as your here legally your ok.

I am hormonal and you are contrary?!

Ok, to end this 'discussion':
Try it for yourself, move halfway around the globe where the culture is not your own. Then we talk.
Necessity to feed the family is a strong motivator, always has. That is how you find a lot of people with strange sounding names in odd places.
It is a reason, not a defense.

As well as economic necessities force small family farms to close and sell out to the big agro business. Those are things that are, you know, reality.

The people on welfare won't fill the void. Not those who made it a family business, true. But that is not the problem either. The problem is bigger than the small facets you bring to the argument. Not something that can be fixed with a knee jerk law either.

(If you come back with more of the same argument, I swear I will get drunk...and that will be ugly!)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Same same same SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME

I am hormonal and you are contrary?!

Ok, to end this 'discussion':
Try it for yourself, move halfway around the globe where the culture is not your own. Then we talk.
Necessity to feed the family is a strong motivator, always has. That is how you find a lot of people with strange sounding names in odd places.
It is a reason, not a defense.

As well as economic necessities force small family farms to close and sell out to the big agro business. Those are things that are, you know, reality.

The people on welfare won't fill the void. Not those who made it a family business, true. But that is not the problem either. The problem is bigger than the small facets you bring to the argument. Not something that can be fixed with a knee jerk law either.

(If you come back with more of the same argument, I swear I will get drunk...and that will be ugly!)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Agreed. This is something I have argued for in the past... if we make it easier to come here and work legally, these workers could do so for a fair wage and without the fear that they will be snatched up... I think that it will not only improve their standard of living, but will also help to make neighborhoods safer: without the fear that Immigration will deport them if they talk I think more people would be willing call the police and cooperate in investigations of neighborhood crime. I could be wrong, people might still take the Sgt. Schultz mentality (I saw NOTHING!) but I like to believe better of people.