aka Ramus Kick?

ramtinova

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi.
In The Kick-boxing I Keep Hearing A Kick Name Pronounced Like "Ramus Kick" and since I'm not very familiar with different kicks equivalent English name this name "Ramus Kick" is a big question mark for me :? Does Anybody Know What Kind of Kick It refers to?
regards.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could it be 'roundhouse'? Said fast and perhaps with an accent or dialect it could come out like that.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ramus is a medical term defining a branch, for example where an atery or nerve branches. I am unfamiliar with any terminology relating to a kick though.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ramus (or Ramuss) was an ancient Sumerian emperor circa 40000BC (or BCE) who -according to myth- could kick with his heel in a kind of modern equivalent of an axe kick and was supposed to have conquered southern Mesopotamia by teaching this kick to his warriors. Hence the "Ramus Kick". Actually that is not true. I just made it up.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jenna, you are awful..lol!

I'm used to hearing soldiers shouting parade square orders and they never ever sound like the words they are supposed to be so I can quite easily see that 'ramus' is something we all know when it's said properly!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ramus (or Ramuss) was an ancient Sumerian emperor circa 40000BC (or BCE) who -according to myth- could kick with his heel in a kind of modern equivalent of an axe kick and was supposed to have conquered southern Mesopotamia by teaching this kick to his warriors. Hence the "Ramus Kick". Actually that is not true. I just made it up.

Lol! That was funny.

Never heard that kick name before. I think Tez3 might be onto something there.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score

...Its gonna be a while before I stop visualising Armies of Sumerian Warriors, Axe Kicking their Foes.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
kick is much like this:
http://www.muaythaini.co.uk/2010/04/hook-kick-or-down-round-kick-tae-kod/
I'm going to tell the guys pronounce it correctly though :D
P.S. : do not laugh at our king :p
tnx everyone.
I am curious now to know how they have come to refer to that style of kick as ramus. Is there any chance you can ask your kru or find out at your next class?? I would be interested to hear and find out if you have picked it up correctly too :) Good luck and please post back. And welcome to MT!! :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm still confused. Are you sure it's not a ranus kick? That's where you sneak up behind someone and give them a swift kick in the ***. "You really generate a lot of power with your ranus technique." "Why... thank you. The key is to relax."

OP
R

ramtinova

White Belt
Reaction score
I am curious now to know how they have come to refer to that style of kick as ramus. Is there any chance you can ask your kru or find out at your next class?? I would be interested to hear and find out if you have picked it up correctly too :) Good luck and please post back. And welcome to MT!! :)
yes sure. and tnx.

Latest Discussions