Aikido knee pads?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea where I can get some knee pads for Aikido?

My little Aikidoka would like some.

I was dealing with a Company in Japan, but it has turned into a mess of me not getting what was advertised and them being INCREDIBLY polite while asking me to understand their error that they have no intention of correcting. After several e-mails back and forth the e-mails have become sicky sweet politeness with a dash of condescension and still nothing is going to get done, so I give up.

Anyone have any ideas where I might me able to get the knee pads (not knee braces)

D

Deleted member 39746

Hard or soft? and how do you like your straps done?

Because any old sport knee pads should work. or you might be able to venture to a mil surp shop and get some

Or if its appropriate you could get some trousers with internal/built in knee pads or a pocket to put some in. Like 5.11 does for some.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hard or soft? and how do you like your straps done?

Because any old sport knee pads should work. or you might be able to venture to a mil surp shop and get some

Or if its appropriate you could get some trousers with internal/built in knee pads or a pocket to put some in. Like 5.11 does for some.

The one I purchased is soft and slides on like a knee sleeve

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try searching for "knee pads for mud runs". Some of the results look like they'd be useful for Aikido, including some soft ones that slip on like a knee sleeve.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Try searching for "knee pads for mud runs". Some of the results look like they'd be useful for Aikido, including some soft ones that slip on like a knee sleeve.

You and the Hobbit are just BOUND and determined to get me to a mud run....aren't you :D

Thanks I shall look

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Knee Pad

Ikeda Sensei’s Aikido supply company called Bu Jin design out of Colorado.
His gear is good. He is as well. Heck of a nice guy and more than willing ‘to put on a white belt’ and explore. A VERY talented martial artists and instructor.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knee Pad

Ikeda Sensei’s Aikido supply company called Bu Jin design out of Colorado.
His gear is good. He is as well. Heck of a nice guy and more than willing ‘to put on a white belt’ and explore. A VERY talented martial artists and instructor.
I’ve had good experiences with them - didn’t know they had knee pads. I had (probably still have, somewhere) a nice heavyweight dogi. And my hakama came from there, and has lasted far longer than I expected.

Latest Discussions