Ah, yes, reaching for the sun is practicing religion.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51969879#.UZ2MmJw2Izo

The plaintiffs contend that they aren’t arguing whether yoga has health benefits. They are arguing that a class of Ashtanga yoga be suspended immediately.

heaven forbid, we try something else in school.

But around here I have heard about people not wanting to take MA, because the preacher said not to, with the weird Asian cult thing and stuff...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I had the same experience trying to offer a morning yoga class at a YMCA camp.

aaradia

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
SOOOO embarassing! I live in San Diego County. These idiots are a disgrace to San Diego. This is NOT how most of us want to be seen in the national news. Sheer idiocy.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
SOOOO embarassing! I live in San Diego County. These idiots are a disgrace to San Diego. This is NOT how most of us want to be seen in the national news. Sheer idiocy.

If it makes you feel any better, this could have come from my neck of the woods....glorious absence of sophistication is global!

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Some Yoga is very spiritual in practice. And borders or crosses the line into religious meditation. That is true. However Yoga as it is taught here is just a set of exercises that are actually quite healthy. And meditations that are equally good for you mentally due to relieving stress etc.

People need to realize that Yoga in the states has removed much if not all of religious stuff from Yoga and it works. Heck I've seen Christian Yoga classes. Now if only people would stop pushing their religion on everything. :/

Latest Discussions