Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been taken out.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060608/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_al_zarqawi

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al-Qaida's leader in Iraq who led a bloody campaign of suicide bombings and kidnappings, has been killed in an air raid north of Baghdad — a major victory in the U.S.-led war in Iraq and the broader war on terror. Iraq's prime minister and U.S. officials said his identity was confirmed by fingerprints and a first-hand look at his face

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!

Thanks!

icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hats of to the SFO 72 Virgins Dating Service.

He now has his wish. Now on to the next one.

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
Carol Kaur said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060608/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_al_zarqawi

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al-Qaida's leader in Iraq who led a bloody campaign of suicide bombings and kidnappings, has been killed in an air raid north of Baghdad — a major victory in the U.S.-led war in Iraq and the broader war on terror. Iraq's prime minister and U.S. officials said his identity was confirmed by fingerprints and a first-hand look at his face
Thanks for posting this Carol I hadn't heard that. Zarqawi was an extremely astute propagandist and an exceptionally competent leader. This will have dealt a considerable blow to their cause.

I wouldn't feel at all hypocritcal for saying well done to those who put him down!

Respects!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I heard about this on the NEWS today! Seeing that he was one of the top guys, I'm sure this dealt a pretty good blow to the terror organization. Probably won't make everyone (the terrorists) give up, but nonetheless it caused some disruption. We really need to do more of these types of attacks, targeting the leaders.

Mike

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
From the BBC News web site

Let's hope those other two men, and two women were just as guilty, eh?
Collateral damage is unavoidable in certain situations though I'd imagine those who had him assigned as their mark didn't intend to create other victims. Some would say this was unfortunate. Without the facts who knows. Personally though, I don't care. The target objective was achieved with some extra damage. So what?

Respects!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I woke up to Bush's speech about this on the news this morning, but since I wasn't really awake, I appreciate the details and links.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is kind of sad that two women were killed while taking out this animal. But if they were innocent, then I put the blame on al-Sarqawi himself and not the US. Of course, I somehow doubt the women were innocent. Gee, they didn't know who this guy was? :rolleyes: I have more sympathy for the guys Clinton killed when he bombed the Chinese embassy or the Sudanian asprin factory by mistake. Those folks do not seem to be involved in anything bad at all. An adult who would be that close to as-Zarqawi does not strike me as being pure in intention.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Personally, I think that this man's death is a good thing for forces on the ground in Iraq.

However, I won't be shouting "touchdown" along with some people whenever someone is killed.

It is an unfortunately neccessary and terrible thing. :(

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
However, I won't be shouting "touchdown" along with some people whenever someone is killed.
Of course, we need to be sensitive to other cultures.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAL!!!!

:uhyeah:

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Monadnock said:
Bonus Points:

"Jordanian-born Zarqawi was said to have been in a meeting with associates at the time."

A sad day for terror and its supporters.

Can you ever "meet" with someone with whom you are not an "associate"?

hapki68

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was very happy when I read the news this morning. Ultimately, it won't do much to stop Al Quada, which is a loose organization with no real head, but it certainly deals a good blow for a while.

I generally subscribe to the "harm no living thing" philosophy, but I could've easily skinned this guy alive over the course of a few days and slept like a baby. He was truly evil -- pure and simple.

And I'm sorry for any innocent people who were killed... but war is messy, and it would've been a mistake to not take him out when we had the chance.

Patrick

MardiGras Bandit

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's great Zarqawis dead, I've been wating for this for a while. I doubt anyone with him was an innocent bystander, the guy has been Iraq's most wanted for the better part of two years.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

To the men and women of the armed forces, I salute thee.

Latest Discussions