a punch out of the blue

OP
J

JDenz

The first thing I want to say Bullies are not weak. This isn't Power Rangers this is the real world. I don't know what fancy suburbern schools you guys went to but in the real world the bullies are bullies cause they are tough. They are usually jocks or the guys that go out and fight everynight. Now it is true that most arn't techniqual but that doesn't matter in a street fight. If someone punches you in the mouth you better fight back if he floors you whats to stop him from stomping you.
You can never be totally aware of your surrondings it is imposable, and after a guy just smacked you in the face twice you obviously are having a diffucult time striking back. As far as the guy that was talking about the cops, I don't know where you live but I live in buffalo if you give a cop a hard time here they will hurt you bad. combating aggresion with passiveness is what lead to World War two

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
:cheers:
It's True It's True.

The truth has been spoken!

All i can Say is , Now that is a Reality
:roflmao: :roflmao: :snipe2: :snipe2:

Good Stuff

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by redfive

Well all the officers I know in North Texas, would beet your *** if you spit on them, or they would soke you down with pepper spray. If you hit one, again they would hit you back. Hitting an officer gives him the right to pull his ASP botton and hit you with it.
From reading alot of your posts and hearing how many times you have been hit and attacked and realy done nothing. You sound more like a punching bag. Plus you have a CHL but if you dont pull the gun while being car jacked and all, well your to damn passive for me. But thats not a bad thing and don't take this as a bash or anything. I'm curious to hear your take on the Martial Arts and why you realy study it. It seems to me that the Mantis style must be very passive or have a heavy philisophical tone to it.
I study Combat systems and methods. I train to heart people who wont to heart me.I study to hit, break, stab, slash , cut and maim. I did not get into the martial arts to learn danceing, or coreographed routines. Or how to use a weapon that has not been in use for the last 200 years. I got into it, to learn to fight. But a have noticed that there is sort of a devide on what the Martial arts realy are about now, and what they used to be about. Which was Military training for military forces, to go invade or defend. So I guess I'm not a Martial Artist per say.I dont no. But I would like to here your take on it. By the way I'm not a war monger or anything like that. I like to fight though. Its a part of me. If some on hits me or tries to hit me, will I call it hands on training. I will fight back, with reasonable equal force. Maybe just a little more.
Please don't hate me, Redfive

I really appreciate your recognition of my views, I am probably more philosophical than most MAist in the world today. Its hard to explain the philosophy in regards to violence, let me try...the mantis practitioner is never an attacker, nor does he or she dispatch the most devastating defenses in any situation. Rather, the study of kung fu leads to better understanding of violence, and consequently how to avoid conflict. Failing that, a Buddhist who refuses to accept an offering of violence (i.e., and attack) merely returns it to the sender. Initially, the kung fu expert may choose to parry an attack, but if an assailant is both skilled and determined to cause harm, a more definitive and concluding solution may be required, from a joint-lock hold to a knockout, to death. The more sophisticated and violent an assault, the more devastating the return of the attack to the attacker. Buddhists are not, therefore, hurting anyone; they merely refuse delivery of intended harm.
I have been in many fights where I had to use said force, but I've been in many that only needed a parry and a leg sweep to walk away from. Its hard to balance, I'm not saying anyone is wrong for not believing the way I do, its just my personal beliefs.
And I'm not upset at all at you, I think it takes a good intelect to see what you have seen in someone.

7sm

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by JDenz

The first thing I want to say Bullies are not weak. This isn't Power Rangers this is the real world. I don't know what fancy suburbern schools you guys went to but in the real world the bullies are bullies cause they are tough. They are usually jocks or the guys that go out and fight everynight. Now it is true that most arn't techniqual but that doesn't matter in a street fight. If someone punches you in the mouth you better fight back if he floors you whats to stop him from stomping you.
You can never be totally aware of your surrondings it is imposable, and after a guy just smacked you in the face twice you obviously are having a diffucult time striking back. As far as the guy that was talking about the cops, I don't know where you live but I live in buffalo if you give a cop a hard time here they will hurt you bad. combating aggresion with passiveness is what lead to World War two

So the fact that some cops will hit you back makes that right ? My brother-in-law is an atourney that is allways sueing cops and cities for abuse in situations like that, he makes a wonderful living doing it too, the cops usually lose their jobs. Just a thought though, I didn't say the cop wouldn't do anything, but breaking the perps leg, or hiting punching them is against the law and plainly wrong, just my opinions though, not saying everyone has to agree with me.

Oh, I live in Dallas, grew up in Houston though.

7sm

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Jdenz never said it was rite
But it has never stoped them before

Not All N.Y. Cops are this way.
But there are alot.

And if U live in the Urban Sections
U would know how true it is!!!!!!!

:armed:

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wife is from Huston she say's
It is differnt.

She thinks it's cool U are from Huston
I told her she is being Nosie.

N.Y. is a differnt place to live.
Like i said not al N.Y. Cops are this Way.

I hope your Brotherinlaw wins all his casees.

Cops that do abuse there power are Bullies to.

Now this started with a
school story & has gone way
off track we could have had 4 or 5 new threads.

:armed:
Good Stuff

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh I agree completely! I've lived in the areas that this happens growing up, had friends that were hit/beat whatever by cops, but I was just making the point that as a MAist you should be striving to do what is right, not what is acceptable.

7sm

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Agreed Martial Artist should
Set the Better Ex.
:cheers:
Good stuff

OP
J

JDenz

7starmantis

I respect you for your philosophy and your opions but I was speaking about the thread and not my opions on violence. My personal opion on violence is you do what it takes to keep yourself safe.

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Are Bullies weak?

OK, imagine a bully you know.

Does he dish out more than he can take? I bet he does.

If someone attacked his friend (yes his only one) and he knew that he would get a beating if he defended his friend would he jump in and help his friend anyway? No, didn't think he would.

Maybe it's my idea of what weakness is, but I think bullies are weak.

OP
J

JDenz

most of the bullies I know were either on a sports team or in a gang and everyone of them would stick up for the other one. So I would have to say yes I would consider bullies strong.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey Bod were do u come from
Most bullies come in Wolf Pac's.

:iws:

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Im stating a new thred
We are way off the Oiganal post

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
They come in packs because they are gutless.

Packs of guys who fight other packs of guys are not bullies.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Gutless Maybe but U were the 1 that said
They had 1 friend.

Which Just is not the case in N.Y.

OP
S

SpiritFists936

this is just an idea, but i think its effective, hit first, and dont stop hitting till someone pulls you off of them, or they are no longer a threat.

Just a thought.

Latest Discussions