A New X-Kan?

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

With the recent news of what has transpired with Mr. Hayes - He is no longer "officially" part of the Bujinkan organization. Now that there has been an official line in the sand declaring Mr Hayes and his art a "different art" (Mr. Legare's words recounting what Soke has told him), does the Kasumi-An organization now fit into the description of what is considered to be an X-Kan? Based this forum's description is there a new X-Kan?

Deaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
Boy... You certainly like to try and open up a can of worms heh mate! :)

But seriously, no, I don't see the ToShinDo art becoming another X-Kan. And for what I know, The Kasumi-An is no longer functioning. I believe Hayes discontinued this when he went all out with the ToShinDo stuff.

Hayes' art will simply be known as ToShinDo, nothing less and nothing more IMO.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lalom said:
With the recent news of what has transpired with Mr. Hayes - He is no longer "officially" part of the Bujinkan organization. Now that there has been an official line in the sand declaring Mr Hayes and his art a "different art"

Officially he is not listed on the tenth dan board, but is still part of the Bujinkan AFAIK. As for teaching another art and not Bujinkan- Hatsumi did say that according to a native speaker that gave his exact words.

And I would say that for the purposes of Martialtalk nothing much will change. When the current system was set up there was a lot of debate about how to deal with Hayes and where to put him. It would be unfair to put him in the same section as the Rick Tew folks, and yet some time in Japan did not seem enough. This particular section is for groups that started and are based out of Japan. And that has not changed.

OP
lalom

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Was there a set amount of time or specific parameters that I'm not reading that would qualify for this section? Just a question. I don't know what all happened before I got here.

Latest Discussions