A game I used to play...

Lameman

Green Belt
Reaction score
When I was younger I had a friend, and we used to play this game. We tied up rows of two liter bottles. Started with 2 rows of 3, then when that got too easy, 3 rows of 3. The game went as follows. One of us would stand near the bottles and the other would call out a flavour followed by either a 1 or a 2. A 1 represented a target, a 2 represented a threat. You had to hit the targets in sequence, and if a 2 was called you emmediatly had to dodge, pary or block all while continuing to hit the targets. If you missed, hit the wrong target (or right target out of sequence), or failed to respond emmediatly to a threat. You lost. And it was the other person's turn.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My friends and frequently played a game...

One person would ride their bike back and forth until someone was able to successfully throw a stick into the spokes of their front tire. Then it was their turn to ride until someone else was successful. We actually got pretty good at throwing sticks into tire spokes and making each other flip over the handlebars.

That was a game that truly had no winners.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Back in my day when we played stick ball. Sorry I couldn't help it. But in reality that does sound like an interesting concept of target striking.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I was younger, one of the games all the boys played was free-for-all basketball. Whoever had the ball was the target and everyone else would kick or hit them until they shot the ball.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When I was younger, one of the games all the boys played was free-for-all basketball. Whoever had the ball was the target and everyone else would kick or hit them until they shot the ball.

That reminds me of the video game Arch Rivals. Hadn't thought about that one in years. We used to play Kill The Carrier aka Smear The Queer. Throw a football in the air, and everyone tries to tackle him. Once everyone's off of him, he throws the ball up, and it's on again. Another one of those games with no winner.

I miss the absurd games we played. That and building ramps and jumping our BMX bikes off of them. Sometimes the ramp collapsed, which added the element of surprise.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We used to walk through pastures and shove sticks in cow dung and fling it at each other.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My friends and I used to do this all the time! I completely forgot about it!
We also would tackle/grab and attempt to tackle the person with the ball, but for some reason our parents weren't to happy with that one on the concrete...

OP
L

Lameman

Green Belt
Reaction score
When I was young, playgrounds had concrete slabs. Not ground up tires. Builds strong bones.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I was a kid I stepped on a needle in the playground and got hep C.