A couple of sipjin questions

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Relating to recent changes/unification of technique styles, can I just ask a couple of quick questions:

1) The pushing blocks (rock), how do they finish up: thumbs tucked to sides like knife-hands or more out like agwison? hands horizontally level, or one hand higher than the other?

2) The reinforced reverse knifehand guarding block (near the end), is it a reverse knifehand position (thumb tucked accross the palm) or a knifehand position (thumb alongside hand)? If the latter, is this because you're blocking with the forearm?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

OP
andyjeffries

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andy, just a thought as you have not had any responses yet:

http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/english/information/information04_03_13.jsp?div=04

Have you looked at this? May not show reqd detail but worth a go.

Thanks for that FieldDiscipline. I've got the Kukkiwon Textbook which has the same photos description in it.

I was after an answer from someone who's been on the Kukkiwon Instructor Course as they seem to have the definitive answers from the world leading experts.

But thanks for taking the time to get the link and post it.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Relating to recent changes/unification of technique styles, can I just ask a couple of quick questions:

1) The pushing blocks (rock), how do they finish up: thumbs tucked to sides like knife-hands or more out like agwison? hands horizontally level, or one hand higher than the other?

2) The reinforced reverse knifehand guarding block (near the end), is it a reverse knifehand position (thumb tucked accross the palm) or a knifehand position (thumb alongside hand)? If the latter, is this because you're blocking with the forearm?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Sorry, have not been online in a few days.

The bawimilgi was shown to us as a slight triangle with thumbs out as in knifehand position. So I guess you could say that one hand is higher.

I don't recall there being any discussion of the thumb position in the reinforced knifehand block. Sorry!

Miles

Latest Discussions