50 years in the future...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Imagine your world 50 years in the future. Post what you see.

upnorthkyosa

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well considering my age I'm dead so I'm really not seeing anything.:bow:
Terry

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I see a world still struggling with the catastrophic effects of climate change, a U.S. that has bankrupted itself by decades of deficit spending and global projection of power, a China (and Asia) that has become the center of the world economy and has equaled or taken the place of the U.S. in many areas, including high technology, commerce and global influence.

I also see biotechnology creating both tremendous opportunities and grave problems.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In fifty years I'll most likely be wormfood, but I want a damn hovercar before that happens.

Jeff

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, the next 20 or so years..thing will get worst. Then the world will reorganized and start to become united and better. United we ALL stand and divided we will ALL FALL.

Man are slow learners.....our man leaders never learned....so make women our leaders... hopefully man will learn.

this is a man's opinion here....can I be wrong....Aloha

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
we'll have fought and finished the next global war. national boundaries will be blurring, if not already blurred. there will be a sort of informal american hegemony, because the major corporations and big media are mostly yankee. even if our government falls, the multinationals will remain in power.

if america can turn off its current course, in the end this will be a good thing (like the roman and british empires). if not, then it will mean raping the entire earth, not just the parts we're in control of now.

i'm interested to see how things turn out.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
still learning said:
Man are slow learners.....our man leaders never learned....so make women our leaders... hopefully man will learn.

this is a man's opinion here....can I be wrong....Aloha
Heh, with talk like that... there's not a woman in the world who'll say you're wrong.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think about the world that my grandfather described to me as a child and I am struck by how utterly foriegn everything seemed. So much change in so little time. The one thing that I am sure of is that the world that I describe to my grandkids will be utterly foreign to them.

Here are a couple of things that will be affecting our future IMO...

1. Peak Oil.
2. Climate Change.
3. Mass extinction.
4. Overpopulation.

In 50 years, these four things will demand attention and will shape our lives more then anything else. They are linked together. I'll write more later...

upnorthkyosa

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We will be speaking Mandarin. And there are no native brook trout in what was once referred to as the lower 48.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
anybody ever watch firefly? science fiction 500 years down the pipe. the world presented is a mix of american and chinese culture. the theory is the us had all the money but the chinese had the people. eventually, everyone was assimilated into one or the other and further out still they wound up assimilating one another.

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
1. Global warming will finally be understood as BS
2. China will clean up its environment as more than half of the population is subjected to nasty cancer and epidemics from the poor condition of their environment.
3. The US will no longer be a leader but a suplicant of the EU
4. Universal currency
5. Personal Shields make for a resurgence in hand to hand fighting ALA Dune
6. I will be old..but still be able to rock college girls. Its my dream...why the hell not ;)

Latest Discussions