5 reasons TaeKwonDo as a system (not individual techniques) breaks down in a Muay Thai ring

Actually, my methodology was EXTREMELY scientific. I used precisely the same Google-search methodology that Albert Einstein employed for finding brownie recipes.

If you merely search on three words "muay" , "thai" , "sucks" , Google will give you every page that includes any of those three words.

But if you instead perform the Google search enclosing all three words in quotes "muay thai sucks" , Google will prioritize the pages that have that exact phrase: those three words in precisely that order. (reference: Refine web searches - Google Search Help)

I did not invent this search technique. Madame Curie did. It's the same technique that she used to discover glow sticks. As I said, this is all very scientific, and doubtless over the head of some of my readers.

I repeated this experiment using a number of different martial arts names, and these are the results that I obtained:

Kung Fu sucks = 59,400 results
Muay Thai sucks = 17,600 results
Jiu Jitsu sucks = 3,760 results
Karate sucks = 2,570 results
Taekwondo sucks = 979 results
BJJ sucks = 575 results
Judo sucks = 523 results
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu sucks = 8 results

As we can see from these numerical results, the RS (the ratio of suckage) between Muay Thai and Taekwondo is:

RS = ------------ ~ 17.9775280899

Note that you achieve this same numerical value for RS whether you're using Celsius or Fahrenheit, a consequence of Isaac Newtons now-famous Principle of Muay Thai Suckage. (reference: Isaac Newton - Wikipedia)

From this we can conclude that muay thai has a Coefficient of Suckage that is nearly 18 times higher (that's 00010010 in binary, for all of you computers that are reading this post) than the CoS of taekwondo.

Ergo, muay thai sucks, taekwondo rules, and Axiom's momma still dresses him funny. I rest my case. QED. Quod Erat Demonstrandum. Void where prohibited. May cause drowsiness.

Respectfully Submitted,
Dr. Jim, Ph.D.

I could not contain laughter reading this. Now my friend thinks I'm crazy. Thanks.

You didn't happen to open the clip I posted of old vs new WTF training? They have the greatest talent pool and you can take a look for yourself what they're up to.
Yeah, and I've not run into those things. That's one school doing something that appears to be a bad example of training. Again, confirmation bias.

(It's worth pointing out that the "old" doesn't look like it was captured on VHS.)

You will recall that my original request was for former students in Muay Thai bashing their art, and was only able to find one or two. In TKD there's endless.

Yes sir, I agree! My own master and I discuss this all the time:

Me: "Master! I have learned that some schools charge for taekwondo instruction. Have you ever heard of such a thing?"

Him: "Ahhh, grasshopper. I feared this day would come. Please, sit. Share some hot tea with me."

<My master never eats. His only sustenance is hot green tea and the joy of teaching. I pour the tea and sit on the discarded burlap sacks that we use as chairs.>

Him: "Yes grasshopper, it is true. Some schools charge for taekwondo instruction."

<My master's body shudders as he utters these fateful words. For myself, I can feel only a cold chill in my spine, as if somebody has just crossed my grave.>

Me: "But sir, what about the purity of the art?"

<My master's voice rises with a sense of righteous outage.>

Him: "These other supposed masters...these visigoths...these gutternipes! They care only for paying the rent and buying food. They have no concern for the purity of the art!"

<My master's voice falls into a hushed whisper, as if telling me a deepest, darkest secret. What will he say? I wonder, will he finally tell me now the secret of the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique? But no, after a long pause, he finally speaks...>

Him: "It is said that at some of these schools, they even teach taekwondo....to children."

<The world falls away from me as my heart stops beating. My head is spinning as my sense of reality shatters like my enemy's sternum in the onslaught of my fearsome roundhouse. Shocked, I gasp...>

Me: "No sir! This cannot be! How did this come to pass! Who is to blame for this foulest of evils!"

<My master bows his head in weary dismay. He says the name slowly, one word at a time.>

Him: "Jhoon. Goo. Rhee."

From that moment on, I launched myself on a righteous crusade. I have dedicated my life to finding and destroying JHOON...GOO...RHEE!!!!!

So you see, Axiom, you and I are entirely on the same page here.
Brilliant. Slow clap worthy! :D

This is nonsense.

the OP is trolling hard and obviously has no intention of carrying on a real discussion.

Many including myself have offered rebuttals, information, and personal experience and all have been met with pretty much crazy talk.
I no longer have any clue what's going on in this thread.

This is nonsense.

the OP is trolling hard and obviously has no intention of carrying on a real discussion.

Many including myself have offered rebuttals, information, and personal experience and all have been met with pretty much crazy talk.

This is nonsense.

This is nonsense.

Okey, so tell me which pro muay thai fighter you've beaten? The only TKD wins online are TKD national champions against bottom of the barell thaiboxers.

This is nonsense.

Okey, so tell me which pro Muay Thai fighter you've beaten? The only TKD wins online are TKD national champions against bottom of the barrel thaiboxers.

Okey, so tell me which pro Muay Thai fighter you've beaten? The only TKD wins online are TKD national champions against bottom of the barrel thaiboxers.
Oh snap now we all have to be professional fighters haha.
Again, you want nothing to do with real discussion. You don't actually respond to any point made by anyone. Just nonsense like this

This is nonsense.

And three posts for the price of one!! Has the internet gone mad!!???

It's all a conspiracy?

Because it has to be right?

Why do many people here hate Tae Kwon Do?

Most of what is said on Bulshido.net can be taken with a grain of salt.

Why does people bash on taekwondo? - Off-Topic Discussion - GameSpot

Everyone knows that if you want to get information about martial arts ask a gamer.

Why is Taekwondo looked down upon? • r/martialarts

How do you know any of those commenters are credible?

Didn't actually read that one did ya?

Link not found, error 404.

Why is Taekwondo always considered weak and ineffective? *conversation included*

Judging by the first page opinions appear to be both for and against your argument, bit you know what they say about opinions?

Why do so many people on this sub consider Taekwondo to be an inferior art? • r/martialarts

And again, more opinions.

There is nothing in any of those threads that lends any credibility to either of the two people you quoted. Opinions are not evidence, especially when none of those opinions are about the two people you quoted..

Actually, my methodology was EXTREMELY scientific. I used precisely the same Google-search methodology that Albert Einstein employed for finding brownie recipes.

If you merely search on three words "muay" , "thai" , "sucks" , Google will give you every page that includes any of those three words.

But if you instead perform the Google search enclosing all three words in quotes "muay thai sucks" , Google will prioritize the pages that have that exact phrase: those three words in precisely that order. (reference: Refine web searches - Google Search Help)

I did not invent this search technique. Madame Curie did. It's the same technique that she used to discover glow sticks. As I said, this is all very scientific, and doubtless over the head of some of my readers.

I repeated this experiment using a number of different martial arts names, and these are the results that I obtained:

Kung Fu sucks = 59,400 results
Muay Thai sucks = 17,600 results
Jiu Jitsu sucks = 3,760 results
Karate sucks = 2,570 results
Taekwondo sucks = 979 results
BJJ sucks = 575 results
Judo sucks = 523 results
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu sucks = 8 results

As we can see from these numerical results, the RS (the ratio of suckage) between Muay Thai and Taekwondo is:

RS = ------------ ~ 17.9775280899

Note that you achieve this same numerical value for RS whether you're using Celsius or Fahrenheit, a consequence of Isaac Newtons now-famous Principle of Muay Thai Suckage. (reference: Isaac Newton - Wikipedia)

From this we can conclude that muay thai has a Coefficient of Suckage that is nearly 18 times higher (that's 00010010 in binary, for all of you computers that are reading this post) than the CoS of taekwondo.

Ergo, muay thai sucks, taekwondo rules, and Axiom's momma still dresses him funny. I rest my case. QED. Quod Erat Demonstrandum. Void where prohibited. May cause drowsiness.

Respectfully Submitted,
Dr. Jim, Ph.D.
I Googled "Rhee Taekwondo sucks". "Rhee Taekwon do sucks" and "Rhee Tae kwon do sucks", all in quotes, got zero results all three times.

Which one is which, and which one is supposed to be better than the other?

Old WTF is a frantic mess with soccer kicks, the new one is ehm.. painting. But at least the old one is fighting.

Latest Discussions

Back