5 hours!

K

Knifehand

I have five hours and four minutes until my orange belt test. Not nervious, not scared... more anxious than anything else.

My motions are as follows:

Knifehand Strike :supcool:
HammerFist
ElbowUp
Jump Front Kick
Side Kick from the Back Leg
Spinning Back Kick

Hyungs
Kicho Hyung Ee Bu

Ho Sin Shul
Bear Hug Defense
Head Lock Defense
ITF SD 3&4

Il Soo Sik
Hand and Foot Combinations 3&4

Terminology
Choone Bee Jaseh - Ready stance
Cha Ryut - Attention
Kyung Ret - Bow
The Type of Tang Soo Do - Moo Duk Kwan

Rock On

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have it handled. Remember your teacher wouldn't have told you that you could test if he didn't already know that you could do all this.
So this is just a fun demonstration. Enjoy it! TW

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to you Knifehand!! :asian:

Please let us know how everything went!!!

Mike

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck. My first test in Kempo lasted 6 hours and 20 minutes. Hope yours is shorter!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good Luck, Knifehand! I'm sure you'll do well. Some free advice (which you can take with a grain of salt): if haven't already, do a quick run through of the stuff & then just rest & listen to your favorite kind of music that relaxes you for at least an hour or two before test time.

Let us know how it goes! :)

OP
C

clapping_tiger

Good Luck, and have fun!

Remember your teacher wouldn't have told you that you could test if he didn't already know that you could do all this.
That's the best advise you can give someone who is up for a test. But unfortunately you usually still end up nervous as hell. :) But part of the MA is learning to handle the pressure.

OP
K

Knifehand

36 minutes before i have to leave... I'm getting excited! I've never gotten this far in a MA before...

OP
K

Knifehand

:)
Knifehand said:
36 minutes before i have to leave... I'm getting excited! I've never gotten this far in a MA before...
Just got back from my test! I rocked it!!! Master Collins, The instructor in charge of all the Dojangs (ITF TSDMDK Dojangs) in michigan, ask me and another student (harold) to do our Hyung in front of the rest of the class because it was soo good!!

but... i have even more training ahead of me... it just another drop in the class of knowledge.... Onward and upward!
:ultracool

Now its time to celebrate

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Knifehand said:
Onward and upward!
Indeed, congratulations...good work...tests can be fun or they can be a nightmare, it's all just how you look at them

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Knifehand said:
:)
Just got back from my test! I rocked it!!! Master Collins, The instructor in charge of all the Dojangs (ITF TSDMDK Dojangs) in michigan, ask me and another student (harold) to do our Hyung in front of the rest of the class because it was soo good!!

but... i have even more training ahead of me... it just another drop in the class of knowledge.... Onward and upward!
:ultracool

Now its time to celebrate

Congrats! :partyon:
It is always a proud moment reaching any new level in your training. Keep up the hard work and there is no limit to your future in your training.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! :partyon: :supcool: :partyon:
Remember that this is only one step, & there are a lot more steps to go...

Best Wishes,
Gin-Gin
:asian:

OP
K

Knifehand

I am not an Orange Belt until i recieve my belt from my instructor. Which is in 2-3 weeks. It takes that long because i have to be recognized by the ITF.

OP
K

Knifehand

Knifehand said:
I am not an Orange Belt until i recieve my belt from my instructor. Which is in 2-3 weeks. It takes that long because i have to be recognized by the ITF.
Soo... to answer your quiry....i won't change my status on my Art and Rank until i actually have my orange belt... which i don't know the results of my test (for another few weeks) but i am confident...:ubercool:

OP
K

Knifehand

WEIRD!!! I am Orange Belt (kinda) In real life... and on this forum...and i got both tonight!!!

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Knifehand double orange belts AWESOME! Congratulations :partyon: ...good to see you know you still have much to learn too - enjoy the journey!:asian:

MJ :)

Latest Discussions