4th of July parade

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
As one of the ways we try to keep in the community's eye, our school participated in the local parade. It was a rainy morning which cleared up a little before we started marching.

Unfortunately, I was the sole TKD-in representing our school so I didn't have someone to "promise-spar" or regularly hold my targets. But several of the kickboxers were kind enough to hold targets when they were not promise-sparring.

One of the most curious things (besides the "hey, I do karate too" and "hee-yahs" heard) was that people are not so impressed with good technque. I got the most response when I demonstrated the splits. Odd!

Miles

CF'er

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Way to go. Glad to hear that you are out there representin' for us TKD'ers.

I was thinking last night at our county celebration that our school needs to set up a booth. I think I will mention it to our instructor and see what he says. I think it would be a good way to get our name more out there.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sure you represented yourself well, Miles. I've not done a 4th parade with my school for all the reasons you've mentioned. I think the sense of "been there, done that" with MA applies when folks see a parade. Until you did the splits, they all probably think they can do everything you do.

Latest Discussions