43 yr old "girl"

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, I just looked up Chang Hon on yahoo. I got a Tae Kwon Do school that taught the ITF forms.

OP
KrisInTx

KrisInTx

White Belt
Reaction score
well, I test tonight actually. Getting nervous, only 2 hours until test. I'm testing for blue belt in TKD (Chang Hon system, I believe). Thanks for the support!

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Kris, and welcome to MT! :wavey:

I hope your test went well! Come on over to the Taekwondo section of the Martial Talk Forum, and let us know how it went.

There are many of us here who have similar training and experience as yours (with Chang Hon, and other Taekwondo influences). We are more than happy to share what we know, and want to hear your insights as well. Many beginners, young and old (even older than us young'uns), who might have some personal experiences parallel to yours.

You'll find a lot of info here, but don't believe everything you read - lol :D Many of our members have decades of experience in Taekwondo, yet personal beliefs, organizational influences, and individual perspectives can lead to a wide range of diverse answers to questions. Many other beginners will offer their own, passionate input (sometimes based on misinformation, or a unique point of view), but take it all in, and decide for yourself.

Discussions occasionally become heated, but should never cross over into disrespect, or personal insults (you can report problems to the moderators if they don't catch it right away). MT (Martial Talk) is an outstanding forum for all Martial Artists, which far exceeds the others that I have observed on the net, and I am proud to be a member here! You'll find sections specifically about women in the Martial Art, philosophy, and Health issues (I see you are already discussing some - keep in touch as to how your surgery goes!).

I look forward to discussing your Taekwondo training in the Korean Martial Art section.

Chief Master D.J. Eisenhart

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
Welcome to Martial Talk! Lo's of mom's here and lots of plenty of people who started training in their adult years. Happy Posting! :)

First off welcome! And as tigress said, you are still rather young.. Tigress has got to be at least.. What.. 62 now and still kicks a great deal of backside.

(Including mine I suspect)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk!:)

Please let us know how the test went!:ultracool

Mike

OP
KrisInTx

KrisInTx

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello All!

I passed my test! It went very well, so well, I even surprised myself! My left knee is screaming at me today (and that's my good knee)! Even still, I feel good! Thanks again, everyone, for all the support! Ya'll are great!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
KrisInTx said:
Hello All!

I passed my test! It went very well, so well, I even surprised myself! My left knee is screaming at me today (and that's my good knee)! Even still, I feel good! Thanks again, everyone, for all the support! Ya'll are great!
Way to go... (happy dances), keep up the good training, and take care of that knee. :D

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
KrisInTx said:
Hello All,

I'm a newcomer to both the martial arts and this forum. Being a 43 year old mom, I didn't think I would ever have the chance to enjoy the arts. How wrong I was! I just wish that I had done this years ago when my body didn't complain as much. I test tomorrow for my blue belt. I'll have lots of questions in the days, months to come! Thanks for listening!

Welcome to the boards and welcome to the journey!

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome 43yr old "girl" from a 41yr old "boy" :p

Congrats on passing your test too :D

Latest Discussions