4 Attackers

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Poggy said:
Next time... i might just breathe on the lads :) hehe
had a cold for 2 weeks now!! n nose is blocked so i breathe through my mouth all the time... damn!! it aint pleasant :-/

saw the lads last night... walked past with a big smile on their faces, so they got one back (guess they don't know what's about to happen to em hehe), then my gf went mad and tried to chase em, but i pulled her back. bless her heart
Girlfriends can be like that...

T

Tidy_Sammy

Seek revenge and get each of them all alone, take them out 1 by 1 individually, I'm sure they'll learn their lesson.

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
This reminds me of he time when i was attacked when i was 17 by 4 guys a lot older than me from late 20s - late 30s. This was before i studied any martial art. I was really scared and this was just a simple attack for money but because i didn't have much they tried to beat the **** out of me but I managed to get away with out a bruise on me except for my jacket (they broke the zip and they definately should ahve paid for that because I loved that jacket!)

I wish i could have got revenge but then again I should be thankful I'm still alive to type all this! I don't know how i would deal with it now, now that i have 7 years of Martial Arts experience but i would like to think I could handle myself!

A couepl of friends of mine went on holiday to Greece and were attacked by abput 10 albanians. LUckily they weren't too badly beaten except the guy tye were with who was cut by a knife! Just goes to show you ahve to be aware of yoru surroundings and use soem common sense, but at the same time be prepared to fight if you have to.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mod. Note.
Please, keep the conversation polite and respectful.

circumvention of profanity filter is not being polite and respectful

Sheldon Bedell
-MT Moderator-

OP
P

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's just sad that it takes gangs of people to attack one person.

They think they're hard because they go round in their gangs taking out people when they're on their own. Well that's not hard... it's cowardish (if there's such a word).

The only "hard" person is the one been beat up!

Jerry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well that's not hard... it's cowardish
It's also good tactics. I believe the police and millitairy refer to it as "overwhelming force".

OP
P

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
True enough... if you're looking at it from that point of view.

But as far as starting a fight... that's cowardish.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
thats why I am a firm beliver in carrying something to DEFEND yourself with.

but don't do it in the UK....you are a criminal at that point!
there are no honest law abiding citizens here...they are ALL treated as criminals,even if if you carry an umbrella on a sunny day or a walking stick without a note from your mom..sorry,DOCTOR.
By law,if you tell a copper you carry a KUBATON for DEFENSE,he "has" to arrest you for being in possesion of an offensive weapon.
Oh please.............:2xBird2:

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
By law,if you tell a copper you carry a KUBATON for DEFENSE,he "has" to arrest you for being in possesion of an offensive weapon.
Not true. If you carry a Kubotan at all in a public place (except when not 'to hand') you are breaking the law under the 'manufactured' clause.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bod said:
Not true. If you carry a Kubotan at all in a public place (except when not 'to hand') you are breaking the law under the 'manufactured' clause.
Yeah "manufactured, modified or intended", but it is still an offensive weapon.

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I got caught years ago with a Kabutan believing in the 'intended only' myth. Got away with a warning.

Sad thing is I never intended to use it. It had got attached to my keys and stopped them falling through the hole in my pocket, so I actually used it as a keychain and a keychain only.

Now I've read the relevant sections in the 1988(?) Criminal Justice Act I won't get caught out again, unless they've changed the law since.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bod said:
Sorry,I was only quoting police officers(in 4 different cities) who said If I had intended on using it for self-defense...it was "intent" to be used as a weapon.
I do not know anything about the "manufactured" clause.
But at the end of the day,it could a-hole cops or whatever,but to everyones opinion I have met...if you're not an mp or not an LEO of some sort...you are too stupid to be capable of reasonable thought,so,the police and government have to do it for you.
This is ONLY a slam to the "higher ups"......not the "real" citizens of England.
They are are the only ones who matter to me.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kind of drifting a little from the original topic of the thread, I know, but it seems to me quite hypocritical of the police authorities to arm officers with "The Asp" an extendable baton, in favour of the prior side handled nightstick they used to use, an extendable baton is quite evidently an offensive weapon, whereas the side handled nightstick (or tonfa) is equal parts offensive and defensive...
Seems kinda like the pot calling the kettle black to me...

Latest Discussions