3rd person view

M

muayThaiPerson

hey guys, have u ever looked at yourself in the mirror while in stance or when sparring? it looks good doesnt it! when i look at the opponent onl, i find it hard to fight. but when i look at the mirror, i find it easier to fight. do any of u feel the same way?
its just like watching a fight, u yell out "uppercut", "jab", "kick" because ur the 3rd person. but when ur in 1st person view, its hard to determine the next move

OP
G

GouRonin

Another thing you might want to try is to use videotape to record yourself to see how you look and what your form is like after. It's gives a great "3rd person" view.

OP
K

Kirk

I hate looking at myself in the mirror. Now that I have some
color on my belt, I'm sometimes stuck up in the front row, so I
can't hide behind the person in front of me, so I won't have to
look at my ugly mug! And I look like a major dork when I do
techs, salutes, forms, etc.

OP
G

GouRonin

I'm good looking so I don't have that problem.

I never understood why advanced belts went to the front of the class while lower belts were at the back. I think it ought to be the other way around.

OP
E

Elfan

Probably so the new peope would mimic the advanced ranks and woudn't have to think for themselves or something crazy like that.

I really don't like looking at myself in a mirror either. The best 3rd person view, IMHO, is a third person watching. Video taping would be interesting as well.

Latest Discussions