2005 is the last year?

Shinkengata

Green Belt
Reaction score
I read on a site the other day that Soke stated that 2004/2005 would complete the Bujinkan training and that we are to carry on the training ourselves. Is this True? Am i a johnny-come-lately on this piece of news?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
News to me. Is this somehow realted to the mistake Johji Ohashi made a while back on his web site?

OP
Shinkengata

Shinkengata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ummm...it's possibly related...i'll have to find the site again. Gimme a few minutes.

OP
Shinkengata

Shinkengata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Crap...i can't seem to find it. It was a Bujinkan dojo site, though. Oh well...sorry for the wasted bandwidth.:idunno:

OP
Shinkengata

Shinkengata

Green Belt
Reaction score
That's what a statement on some site(i still can't find it again) claimed. If Don hasn't heard about it then it's probably BS, so i'll just chalk it up to gaijin rumor. hehe.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shinkengata said:
If Don hasn't heard about it then it's probably BS, so i'll just chalk it up to gaijin rumor. hehe.

I don't normally go much to the Boss' training. But I went on Sunday and last night. No one said anything about him retiring. If there was even a hint of a bomb shell like that, I would expect everyone to be talking about it.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If Soke was retiring and had said so himself, I'm pretty sure we would have known by know. It caused plenty of confusion a while ago when George Ohashi wrote on his webpage that Soke would not be teaching after Daikomyosai this year. This did not however infer that there would be no training after that, merely that from Daikomyosai to the end of this year (less than a month) he would not be giving any more classes.

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
Shinkengata said:
I read on a site the other day that Soke stated that 2004/2005 would complete the Bujinkan training and that we are to carry on the training ourselves. Is this True? Am i a johnny-come-lately on this piece of news?

I think you're probably referring to George Ohashi's original announcement about this year's training, mentioning that Soke said it would include long weapons and that after that "the training would be complete", whatever that means.

Nothing was ever said about Soke retiring or ceasing to teach.

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
I took it as probably meaning that with this year's training Soke feels he will have transmitted -- not to everyone, certainly, but at least to the senior shihan -- everything he feels is essential.

I could, of course, be totally wrong -- it's always dangerous to make assumptions about what Soke thinks or means.

OP
Shinkengata

Shinkengata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well now...that wasn't wasted bandwidth after all. Yay me! :supcool:

*sigh* I really need to start back working soon...

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well, in the past 20 years with all the yearly themes and such, we've been exposed to nearly every ryu and weapon in the Bujinkan. I guess it's time to start over and go through them all again.

Latest Discussions