2003 Modern Arnis Symposium Instructors Short Bios

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's been requested so I might as well start.

I have been training in Modern Arnis since 1980 and was promoted to 6th Degree Black Belt in June 1992. I am also a 7th Degree Black Belt in American Freeestyle karate and have been in the martial arts since 1966. I was given the title of Senior Master By Prof. Presas in 1995. I founded my own curriculum of Modern Arnis which I call Modern Arnis 80.

The concept of Modern Arnis 80 is two fold: 1) the 80 signifies the year I began training under Prof. Presas and 2) if you turn the 8 on it's side you get the symbol for infinity. Prof. Presas would show a great variety of counter moves for any given attack, creating the apparancy of an infinite number of variations. When pressed, he moved with directness and efficiency. Hence the 8 - 0 means from the possibility of anything to the simplicity of the moment.

Modern Arnis 80 stresses two key abilitites: the Flow and the ability to counter the counter. These two aspects are what Prof. Presas continually stressed to me as the most important aspects of Modern Arnis.

Yours,
Dan Anderson
Founder, Modern Arnis 80

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by Dan Anderson

It's been requested so I might as well start.

I have been training in Modern Arnis since 1980 and was promoted to 6th Degree Black Belt in June 1992. I am also a 7th Degree Black Belt in American Freeestyle karate and have been in the martial arts since 1966. I was given the title of Senior Master By Prof. Presas in 1995. I founded my own curriculum of Modern Arnis which I call Modern Arnis 80.

The concept of Modern Arnis 80 is two fold: 1) the 80 signifies the year I began training under Prof. Presas and 2) if you turn the 8 on it's side you get the symbol for infinity. Prof. Presas would show a great variety of counter moves for any given attack, creating the apparancy of an infinite number of variations. When pressed, he moved with directness and efficiency. Hence the 8 - 0 means from the possibility of anything to the simplicity of the moment.

Modern Arnis 80 stresses two key abilitites: the Flow and the ability to counter the counter. These two aspects are what Prof. Presas continually stressed to me as the most important aspects of Modern Arnis.

Yours,
Dan Anderson
Founder, Modern Arnis 80

Thaanks for the info, Dan. It would be great if all of the other potential instructors would add their bio's as well.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

B

BRAM

Unlike some of the other listed instructors..I'm not famous nor do I have high rank..
I do like the translation to Blade...
and I believe in the FLOW...
I design knives for Spyderco and others..
I'm Spyderco's Director of Martial Blade craft..
I do teach overseas out of the USA...
I run the Commandments of Steel in Israel..
I have a Third Degree from Prof Presas. ..a Fifth Degree from Datu Shishir ..a third in Shori GujoRyu...
and other Dan rank....
I've been a seminar junkie for a lot of years..
I do teach LEO, Military and Agencies the use of Steel..
I founded CSSD/SC Combat Arnis to express Modern Arnis while Professor was alive...with his agreement...

I look forward to being with the other guest instructors @ the symposium...
Ok enough "I" stuff...I guess you get the idea....

Bram

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by BRAM

Unlike some of the other listed instructors..I'm not famous nor do I have high rank..
I do like the translation to Blade...
and I believe in the FLOW...
I design knives for Spyderco and others..
I'm Spyderco's Director of Martial Blade craft..
I do teach overseas out of the USA...
I run the Commandments of Steel in Israel..
I have a Third Degree from Prof Presas. ..a Fifth Degree from Datu Shishir ..a third in Shori GujoRyu...
and other Dan rank....
I've been a seminar junkie for a lot of years..
I do teach LEO, Military and Agencies the use of Steel..
I founded CSSD/SC Combat Arnis to express Modern Arnis while Professor was alive...with his agreement...

I look forward to being with the other guest instructors @ the symposium...
Ok enough "I" stuff...I guess you get the idea....

Bram

Thanks for the intro, Bram. I would like to add just one other bit of information. Bram, designed the Gunting Knife, that is being made and marketed by Spyderco. A number of us have seen and/or worked with Bram and he is a skilled Modern Arnis Instructor. His orientation is Knife to Stick to Empty Hand - just a bit different from wjat most people would do and have done from a curriculum perspective.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Datu Timothy J. Hartman

Mr. Hartman has been a personal student of Grand Master Remy Presas for over 15 years. He has been featured in Black Belt, Fighter Magazine (Sweden) and Filipino Martial Arts Magazine. In addition to teaching in the United States Mr. Hartman has also taught in Canada, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and England. Since Grand Master Presas’ retirement Mr. Hartman has formed the World Modern Arnis Alliance to help preserve the foundations of the art and share it with the next generation of students. The following are some of Mr. Hartman’s accomplishments.

Modern Arnis
Grand Master Remy A. Presas
Founder - World Modern Arnis Alliance
Former Senior Board Member for the International Modern Arnis Federation
Lakan Anim 6th Degree Black Belt, the Grandmaster’s highest tested Black belt
Senior Master Instructor
Certified Instructor for over 15 years
Awarded the Title of Datu (Chieftain or Leader)
Founder of Mano Y Daga Knife Fighting System
Founder of the North American Stick Fighting League
Founder and President of the Canadian-American Chapter for the International Modern Arnis Federation

W.S.I. Director Tim Murray
Defensive Tactics Instructor for edged weapons
Certified in the Positive Response US & British hand to hand combat course

Other Influences
Grand Master Dr. Maung Gyi -Bando
Grand Master Ted Buot - Balintawak
Grand Master Wally Jay - Small Circle Ju Jitsu
Senior Master Huk Planas - 9th Degree Parker’s Kenpo

Awards
North American Black Belt Hall Of Fame
"Arnis Master of the Year 2001"

World Head of Family Sokeship Council
"Modern Arnis Man of the Year"

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For some reason no one seems to be saying much on the topic. The following are the ranks and titles (related to rank) awarded to these people by Remy ( to my best knowledge).

PG Tom Bolden........... Rank: 3rd Black? Title: NA
Guro Bram Frank...... Rank: 3rd Black Title: NA
PG Dan Anderson..... Rank: 6th Black Title: Sr Master
Datu Tim Hartman.... Rank: 6th Black Title: Datu
Datu Shishir.............. Rank: 6th Black Title: Datu
Datu Kelly Worden.... Rank: ??????? Title: Datu
Guro David Ng........... Rank: 2nd Black Title: NA
Guro Dan McConnell.... Rank: 3rd Black Title: NA
Datu Dieter Knuttel..... Rank:5th or 6th Black Title: Datu
PG Demtrio Presas...... Rank: ????????? Title: NA
Sifu Peter Vargas........ Rank: ????????? Title: NA
Guro Dawud Muhammad Rank: Black or 1st Black Title: NA
Guro Bruce Chiu.......... Rank: 3rd Black Title: NA

Maybe some more of us can help fill in the blanks.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow...4 outta 6 Datus...any talks with the other 2?

I thought Kelly was a 6th?

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by Renegade

For some reason no one seems to be saying much on the topic. The following are the ranks and titles (related to rank) awarded to these people by Remy ( to my best knowledge).

PG Tom Bolden........... Rank: 3rd Black? Title: NA
Guro Bram Frank...... Rank: 3rd Black Title: NA
PG Dan Anderson..... Rank: 6th Black Title: Sr Master
Datu Tim Hartman.... Rank: 6th Black Title: Datu
Datu Shishir.............. Rank: 6th Black Title: Datu
Datu Kelly Worden.... Rank: ??????? Title: Datu
Guro David Ng........... Rank: 2nd Black Title: NA
Guro Dan McConnell.... Rank: 3rd Black Title: NA
Datu Dieter Knuttel..... Rank:5th or 6th Black Title: Datu
PG Demtrio Presas...... Rank: ????????? Title: NA
Sifu Peter Vargas........ Rank: ????????? Title: NA
Guro Dawud Muhammad Rank: Black or 1st Black Title: NA
Guro Bruce Chiu.......... Rank: 3rd Black Title: NA

Maybe some more of us can help fill in the blanks.

Tim,

The fact that there is not much discussion is just fine regarding this topic at this time. In addition what significance does rank have in this matter? Rank is an organizational, not a Symposium matter.

Given all of the various versions of the IMAF organizations or subsets, therein, that have been developed under Remy, over the years, the issue of rank pales in comparison to the issue of talent and skill within the art. As I was reading some of the past posts over numerous threads on both this and the WMAC forum, numerous people were taking Jeff Delaney to task for claiming the title of GM as well as for using the statement "Successor to GM Remy Presas".

If my memory serves me correctly, Jeff holds a mere 5th degree blackbelt under the late Modern Arnis Founder, Remy Presas - if that is in fact the case, then it would seem to me that rank is meaningless in the context of a Modern Arnis Symposium. The most important thing to be discussed and demonstrated at the Symposium is what level of Modern Arnis skill does one possess!

My proposal from day one with regard to the Symposium was to bring people together to find out who can really do this art well. After all, one of the things that was repeatly mentioned during the disscussion following your Spring Camp in May 2002, was the apparent lack of basic skills which seems to exist among a number of current Modern Arnis practictioners. I did not raise that issue, but since a number of discussion participants did, it seems to me that it is a matter of great concern in some segments of the Modern Arnis Communiy.

It was clearly stated that some people had been promoted to significant rank levels yet they lacked the fundemental skills of the art such as, movement/ footwork, bodyshifting, checking and an understanding beyond the basic empty hand to stick translations.

From what I have read that was posted, very few people consider Jeffery Delaney to be very highly skilled! In fact, while his name was not specificly mentioned at your camp discussion, it would seem to me that he was one of the people that others had in mind. Am I correct in my reading of the posts and the general consensus of opinion in this regard?

You also must consider that you negelcted to mention Guro Douglas Pierre in your post - his ranking is higher than yours, he was awared datu status and his credentials have been witnessed by the Presas Family - Demetrio, Mary Ann and Remy, Jr., earlier this year in NYC.

My suggestion is that we let the people post their own credentials as they choose. This thread can always be revived as needed and wwhen appropriate. Given that the Symposium is still 10 months away, there is very little reason to rush forward with credentials. It would seem to me to much more appropriate to begin organzining and encouraging people to attend the event.
Since the Symposium fee schedule has now been posted with a definate "early bird" cost incentive, my emphasis will be on getting people registered as early as possible, because at minumim, there is a $150 discount available during the Janurary - February sign up period, that begins to shrink with each new two month registration period.

I have already been contacted by some people from England, Germany, Isreal and Canada concerning discounted group rates; what have you and Modern Arnis other instructors done to promote this event, particularly if you intend to be a presenter and possibly offer items for sale at the Symposium?

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by DoctorB

Since the Symposium fee schedule has now been posted with a definate "early bird" cost incentive, my emphasis will be on getting people registered as early as possible, because at minumim, there is a $150 discount available during the Janurary - February sign up period, that begins to shrink with each new two month registration period.

All right everyone, it's time to put your money where your mouth is! Many people ask for an event like this and know it is here. Take advantage of the early rates while you can.

:asian:

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by Renegade

All right everyone, it's time to put your money where your mouth is! Many people ask for an event like this and know it is here. Take advantage of the early rates while you can.

Thanks Tim, for your input. We need to get a good base of attendees started. I already have requests for more information coming in privately and interestingly enough, none are from the people in the United States.

There will only be one first time for this event. everyone else who wants to do somethinng of this nature will be the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.

Given that we have some datus, senior master instructors and instructors, the mix is good and can't be made too much better. Most of the long time Modern Arnis instructors will know or know of, some of the proposed presenters, so there shouldn't be a problem with understanding that the instructor pool is loaded with good talent.

Getting the people on board is the key to the ultimate success of the event and the event goes forward as long as I have 4 instructors to present their versions of the art.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi folks,

"Getting the people on board is the key to the ultimate success of the event and the event goes forward as long as I have 4 instructors to present their versions of the art." Dr. Barber

Let it be known that I AM committed to the Symposium, even if it means that Dr. Barber and I end up training with each other...alone.

Folks, this is going to be a great opportunity to see and experience the various branches of Modern Arnis. We all learned from the same teacher, the founder of Modern Arnis, but with the different backgrounds and personalities involved, the branches vary from the same root.

Personally I could give a hoot as to who is ranked what and who comes the closest to what Prof. Presas taught during when. He had his sources and influences up to the day he died. That we have other influences and sources shows we are walking the same path.

Take advantage of the price structuring and take advantage of the Symposium. I predict you will truly be missing out if you don't.

Yours,
Dan Anderson
Founder, Modern Arnis 80

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by Dan Anderson

Hi folks,

"Getting the people on board is the key to the ultimate success of the event and the event goes forward as long as I have 4 instructors to present their versions of the art." Dr. Barber

Let it be known that I AM committed to the Symposium, even if it means that Dr. Barber and I end up training with each other...alone.

Folks, this is going to be a great opportunity to see and experience the various branches of Modern Arnis. We all learned from the same teacher, the founder of Modern Arnis, but with the different backgrounds and personalities involved, the branches vary from the same root.

Personally I could give a hoot as to who is ranked what and who comes the closest to what Prof. Presas taught during when. He had his sources and influences up to the day he died. That we have other influences and sources shows we are walking the same path.

Take advantage of the price structuring and take advantage of the Symposium. I predict you will truly be missing out if you don't.

Yours,
Dan Anderson
Founder, Modern Arnis 80

Thanks for the support, Dan. This event really is about learning from those who learned from the late Professor Presas. We all know that Modern Arnis was predicated on the concept of being "the art within your art". People came into Modern Arnis from karate, kung fu, kenpo, tkd, and kajukenbo among other arts. These arts provided a different way to see and feel within Modern Arnis.

There were initially very few people who began their martial arts training in Modern Arnis. With just a few exceptions in the 1980's, most of the people who began their Modern Arnis training as their first and in some cases, their only art, really began in the 1990's. This means that you have put it best when you state that there are many different branches off of the main tap root (Professor); this will be the very first time that a significant number of these people will be teaching on the same program at the same venue.

While there will never be a single best way to stop the bickering about what is or is not the best way to do Modern Arnis in the image of the late founder and GM, the Symposium does offer us an opportunity to see how some people have taken Professor's advice to "Make it for yourself."

It is time to get things moving toward an event that will allow us all to see and practice with some people that we have not had the chance to work with before, because so many people followed Professor so diligently until his illness, then passing. Many people overlooked or did not have the opportunity to see some of the things that his, then current, as well as his former students were doing on their own.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

B

bloodwood

DoctorB
You have stated that Sifu/Guro Doug Pierre(as is his listing on his own web site) is a datu.

You also must consider that you negelcted to mention Guro Douglas Pierre in your post - his ranking is higher than yours, he was awared Datu status and his credentials have been witnessed by the Presas Family - Demetrio, Mary Ann and Remy, Jr., earlier this year in NYC.

Is he a Datu under Professor Remy Presas or MARPPIO? To the best of my knowledge there were only 6 Modern Arnis Datus given by Professor Remy Presas. Could you please clarify this statement. He does not list himself as a Datu so it seems a bit confusing.

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by bloodwood

DoctorB
You have stated that Sifu/Guro Doug Pierre(as is his listing on his own web site) is a datu.

Is he a Datu under Professor Remy Presas or MARPPIO? To the best of my knowledge there were only 6 Modern Arnis Datus given by Professor Remy Presas. Could you please clarify this statement. He does not list himself as a Datu so it seems a bit confusing.

Very good question, my friend and the correct answer is yes and no. Guro Doug was named as a Datu by Professor, when he visited Victoria, to see his good friend, before Professor passed on. Therefore the correct answer is "yes" he is a Datu. The equally correct answer is "no" because Guro Doug, believes that the award, though well intentioned, is not to be taken seriously because Professor was in his last days, medicated and in a Hospice facility, therefore he chooses not to list himself as a Datu in the Modern Arnis System; however does that mean that he is not a Datu? A very difficult question to answer isn't it? Perhaps it all depends upon one's perspective and sense of propriety.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

D

DJAVULS OGA

That explains about the title. What about the rank? I thought thank the highest ranks held by Americans are 6th degree black belts?

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by DJAVULS OGA

That explains about the title. What about the rank? I thought thank the highest ranks held by Americans are 6th degree black belts?

That is the genrally accepted opinion... however it is not true,
but who holds exactly what rank and at what level, I will leave
it to those people to announce, particularly if they are going to be presenters at the Symposium.

Funny thing about how rank and title comments always draws comments, but no one wants to discuss the fact that I mentioned that several people were concerned about the lack of knowledge with regard to basic foundation skills of some recent Modern Arnis students.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by DoctorB

That is the genrally accepted opinion... however it is not true,
but who holds exactly what rank and at what level, I will leave
it to those people to announce, particularly if they are going to be presenters at the Symposium.

Funny thing about how rank and title comments always draws comments, but no one wants to discuss the fact that I mentioned that several people were concerned about the lack of knowledge with regard to basic foundation skills of some recent Modern Arnis students.

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

DoctorB et al,

It is great that you wish to take this come out check everyone one out approach. I think everyone should be there to see what everyone else has that day. Also, with everyone in the same room people can talk to each other.

As, for the Rank issue, it is nice to know what people have and or claim, it is normal for us social type humans to be curious about the other people and or the politics of the people involved.
Personally, I would like to see all the ranks published here as with title. Why???, So, I can know, I am a curious cat that likes to know things. Also, it would be good for lack of confusion in addressing people or when referencing them, one would not wish to inadvertently insult them.

As for the Lack of knowledge in Students, well that can be addressed if 'everyone' shows up with Rank. What would be a good cut off level - 4th Degree? 3rd Degree? Master Title? or Senior Master? or that of Datu? Or all of the above? or even lower to get those that have knowledge but no rank. Maybe even to Lakan or Lakan Isa, this way all people of Black Belt Rank can show their stuff? Well, first I doubt that everyone even of the higher ranks will show up, e.g. No confirmation from any of the MOTTS (Including the Schea group and Delaney group). The last option of lower it to all people of Black Belt would not be good for their would not be enough time? Also, it would take away one of the major interests you yourself have pointed out before, the diversity of people on the list and their different approaches. I mean to judge everyone the same would not we have to compare Apples to Apples and I mean Baja Apples to Baja Apples not Granny Smith Apples.

So, it would be nice to get everyone there, it would be nice for all groups to have their highest ranking people there, it would be great that all egos were checked at the door. Yet, I believe that some will show others will not and mode will get along and the event.

As to attending, I have said I would be there. Matter of fact I even offered to help teach if requested, which it was not. Does that mean that I will not go now, NO WAY. I will be there, to see what everyone has to offer and to meet those I have not met in person before.

So in closing to address rank(s) or title(s) where people either have a certificate or witnesses, thus can be easily discussed and documented here on this written forum. As to the discussion on lack of knowledge in students, that cannot be easily addressed here. The students of one cannot see what the other has to offer here on this forum. Not all parties are represented here. The discussion could easily be turned into a name calling event that the Moderators of this site, that give great freedom, do try to avoid.

Continue to promote the event, those that will be there will be there, those that have too much to lose if they are shown up will not be there, or those that care not what others are doing will not be there.

I WILL BE THERE, NO matter who out ranks me or has less rank than me or has more experience or less experience than me.

Rich

B

bloodwood

Thanks for the info on Doug Pierre. I commend his way of thinking. Not many would have taken that approach, just the title.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My intent when I suggested this thread was not what it has declined into....
I was hoping that the instructors for the event would simply post some information about themeslves, maily for the benefit of those of us who don't know all of them. It doesn't need to be a contest about rank, or anything else. Bram Frank, for example, posted a very humble outline of what he has done for the art.
It is safe to say at this point that I, and I think many others, dont care what this or that person's rank is. Everyone will show up and see what everyone else has, great. However, as a potential consumer, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for exactly what I asked for, short bios of the instructor listing whatever they think is noteworthy.
Chad

D

DoctorB

Originally posted by Rich Parsons

DoctorB et al,

It is great that you wish to take this come out check everyone one out approach. I think everyone should be there to see what everyone else has that day. Also, with everyone in the same room people can talk to each other.

As, for the Rank issue, it is nice to know what people have and or claim, it is normal for us social type humans to be curious about the other people and or the politics of the people involved.
Personally, I would like to see all the ranks published here as with title. Why???, So, I can know, I am a curious cat that likes to know things. Also, it would be good for lack of confusion in addressing people or when referencing them, one would not wish to inadvertently insult them.

As for the Lack of knowledge in Students, well that can be addressed if 'everyone' shows up with Rank. What would be a good cut off level - 4th Degree? 3rd Degree? Master Title? or Senior Master? or that of Datu? Or all of the above? or even lower to get those that have knowledge but no rank. Maybe even to Lakan or Lakan Isa, this way all people of Black Belt Rank can show their stuff? Well, first I doubt that everyone even of the higher ranks will show up, e.g. No confirmation from any of the MOTTS (Including the Schea group and Delaney group). The last option of lower it to all people of Black Belt would not be good for their would not be enough time? Also, it would take away one of the major interests you yourself have pointed out before, the diversity of people on the list and their different approaches. I mean to judge everyone the same would not we have to compare Apples to Apples and I mean Baja Apples to Baja Apples not Granny Smith Apples.

So, it would be nice to get everyone there, it would be nice for all groups to have their highest ranking people there, it would be great that all egos were checked at the door. Yet, I believe that some will show others will not and mode will get along and the event.

As to attending, I have said I would be there. Matter of fact I even offered to help teach if requested, which it was not. Does that mean that I will not go now, NO WAY. I will be there, to see what everyone has to offer and to meet those I have not met in person before.

So in closing to address rank(s) or title(s) where people either have a certificate or witnesses, thus can be easily discussed and documented here on this written forum. As to the discussion on lack of knowledge in students, that cannot be easily addressed here. The students of one cannot see what the other has to offer here on this forum. Not all parties are represented here. The discussion could easily be turned into a name calling event that the Moderators of this site, that give great freedom, do try to avoid.

Continue to promote the event, those that will be there will be there, those that have too much to lose if they are shown up will not be there, or those that care not what others are doing will not be there.

I WILL BE THERE, NO matter who out ranks me or has less rank than me or has more experience or less experience than me.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your comments about attending the Symposium.
This really is an attempt to give people an opportunity to see the variety that does exist within Modern Arnis. I have a very strong interest in seeing how and what other people are doing within the art. Given the long time that Professor was teaching the art in the USA, Canada and Europe and all of the different people/ styles that can be represented, I find it very difficult not to be a part of this Symposium.

The lack of knowledge of basics was a discussion theme at Tim's Spring Camp and it has to be taken seriously, given the number of people who participated in the discussion. I am sure that it will be taken up at the Symposium.

On the matter of rank, let's just say that I am not impressed by Modern Arnis rankings, in spite of having a Lakan Tatlo grade, myself. I did not make rank a criteria, when I asked people to volenteer to be instructors at the Symposium. My rationale was then and still is, that rank does not always denote skill and ability within the art. Numerous people within the rankings under Professor are under graded and several, one in particular that I have in mind, are grossly over-graded.

If people put too much emphasis on rank, they will be very surprised when they actaully see and work with some of the proposed presenters. Personally, I would have prefered to see this entire thread confined to just the participants posting or someone posting their credentials - ranks, titles, years of experience in the arts and the years that they studied with Professor. No comments by anyone else would have been necessary.

In the end, all of the rank/ title listings are really just eye-candy for the cyber-world crowd, the reality is that meaningful rank is tied to one's ability and skill level on the training floor and the street. Most of us, while we have our beliefs, preferences and favorites, will usually acknowledge when someone else is among the best, very good, good, not so good or poor at what they are doing.

In the final analysis, everyone will leave the Symposium with whatever paper rank they arrived with, however in the interim, we will see them on the floor and we will have an opportunity to train with them. Each of us will form our own opinions about their talents, skills, knowledge and presentations. We will assign the presenters a grading based on what we experienced, regardless of their posted rank. That is one critical function of the Symposium. The other functions are the face to face meetings and discussions. Plus the opportunity to see just how similar or dissimilar our ideas are with regard to forms, and techniques. Each of us will ultimately decide for ourselves if the rank listed is reasonable, inflated or too low!

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

Latest Discussions