Zenjael's intervention

Discussion in 'The Great Debate' started by Zenjael, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog MT Senior Moderator Staff Member

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    I think I know the word you're trying to come up with. It starts with "bull" and ends with something the auto-censor will delete.

You mean "amounted", not "pertain". Alex can't be the only one corrected, even if he IS the most often corrected. And the least likely to take correction...

Actually, there are single action semi-automatic handguns. Being semi-automatic is unrelated to the gun being Single action or double action.

2. Cyriacus

Cyriacus Senior Master

In order;

Yep.

My bad. I was trying not to spend too long on it. :)

Of course there are - But assuming that the gun needs to be cocked before being fired is frankly dangerous, when a fair few guns dont. Id did phrase that way too generally though. I totally forgot about single and double action being a factor. I havent been into guns for years.

3. ballen0351

ballen0351 Sr. Grandmaster

Hmmmmm somehow I think this writing style looks very familiar to me Hmmmm

4. Zenjael

Zenjael Purple Belt

Lol, honestly. Compare the syntax of my writing, compared to hers, it's obvious we are different people, with different writing styles. If you'd like further proof, look closer. I assure you, Oishiisuka is not me... and it's easily provable. Really though, how about focusing on the point brought up, instead of strawmanning like there's no tomorrow.

Boy, do I wish that was the case. Really. They did take off their masks, but they also remarked it was a joke afterward, and left. Doesn't seem likely to me that it was.

And that I think is what most martial artist, with a head on their shoulders, will concur with. The situation at the 7-11 was not this, at all.

5. Tez3

Tez3 Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member
    We know who it is...it's your mum.

• Like Like x 3
  6. elder999

elder999 El Oso de Dios!

You're still here????:lfao:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. elder999

elder999 El Oso de Dios!

You owe me a monitor, a keyboard, and a cup of tea, dammit!!! :lfao:

8. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Master of Arts

Now really, be fair. It's conceivable that this young man may have had a girlfriend at some point, and that she may have jumped to his defence in an online forum squabble. Alternatively, he could just be wearing a cheap halloween wig and some eyeshadow and typing in a high voice.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt this time, as her style, tenses, spelling, choice of words and use of dramatic devices suggest a fiction writer, albeit a below average one, whereas Alex's...don't. No offence, obv.

Still, both of you, Alex and high voice Alex, it's not just what you're saying, it's the way you're saying it. It just doesn't sound true. Sorry.

9. WC_lun

WC_lun Senior Master

Some of you really make me laugh. Thanks :)

Alex, I do not think that word means what you think it means...strawman in this particular case.

Its' too bad that a legitimate question by the op has been so derailed by a boy's fantasy replies.

10. Cyriacus

Cyriacus Senior Master

The person is probably real. That wouldnt surprise Me.
    What was in question, is who typed that message.

11. oishiisuika

oishiisuika White Belt

Let me start by saying:
    I'm sorry if it came of any differently, but I don't need your belief as confirmation that the event did indeed happen. Your disbelief does not change the fact that the event in its factual form (regardless of personal opinions) occured.
    Three men walked in wearing masks and seemingly made an attempt to rob the 7-11.
    After a very brief period in which no one did much of anything, they decide to take of their masks and declare a joke.
    Then they leave.
    Facts. No opinions. It happened.
    And I don't care if you believe it.

(Oh, and I'm quite aware that saying I don't care and continuing to respond might seem a bit ...backwards. But who doesn't enjoy a good debate? (o: )

First off, you're upset, and you decide to take it out on other people?
    That in itself shows me you are immature, and I really shouldn't care about anything that follows.
    ...but I'm immature as well, so I simply can't resist attempting a final word.

Okay, you think Alex is scrawny, short and... what else? Did you retype that every time, or just copy and paste?
    Repeating the same string of adjectives time and again honestly just makes me think you enjoyed the way it looked/sounded and wanted to toot your own horn. It did not get your point across any more than simply saying it once would have.

And, I'm sorry, did I ever say I expected him to act? No, in all honesty, I was curious as to whether he was going to do anything. If the men had a gun, if it was pointed at me, all I had to do was drop to the ground and the shelves would be shielding me. Did I have a longer-term plan than that? No. But I didn't need one either, so that's ultimately unnecessary.

Let me ask you something: If this didn't happen, why would Alex tell the story in the first place? Why would I feel the need to validate it?
    Why would we make up something so ridiculous and clearly unbelievable?
    Oh, I'm sure you can come up with something. So go ahead! I'm interested to see what your rationalization for that is.
    I never used to take the saying seriously, but, "Truth is stranger than fiction" has held true time and again.

But like I said: your disbelief does not change the fact it happened.

Exactly who I said I am. Kaila, Alex's ex-girlfriend, who was present when the seemingly attempted robbery took place.
    But as your disbelief in the event does not change the fact it occured, any disbelief in my identity does not alter its state, either.

Finally, one more thing...
    I'm incredibly amused by the fact you judge Alex so very harshly despite never having personally met him. Are you this judgemental of everyone you see, everyone you converse with? I pity anyone who attempts to befriend you...

12. Sanke

Sanke Green Belt

I'm gonna leave most of this post alone, beacuse it honestly seems to be more directed toward Chris personally than actually adressing the holes in the story you and Alex have presented.

But this one bit just strikes me as odd. You're telling us that you were in a robbery situation, where you life was potentially in serious danger, and one of your first responses is to be curious about what your boyfriend is doing?
    Not Scared, not Anxious, but curious? I don't buy it.
    It may have just been a poor choice of words on your part, but your (and Alex's) choice of words and more have been consistently incongruent with the realities of an armed robbery. That's why there is so much doubt surrounding your story.
    If you believe that "(it's a) fact that the event(...) occurred", that's fine, and no, you don't need our confirmation to have that belief. But if you're going to try to convince anyone here other than yourself of that, you're going to need to do a bit better than "It happened, so there".

Also, if you're planning to hang around on the site for anything other than this thread, I recommend stopping by the Meet and Greet section, and tell us a bit about yourself. That might give us a better idea of who you are, and where you're coming from.

13. elder999

elder999 El Oso de Dios!

We've seen his video. He's scrawny, short and martially inept. :lfao:

I mean, by his own admission, he's scrawny and short. By evidence of his videos and statements, he's a barely competent martial artist-a point fighter at best, a danger to himself and anyone who believes in his ability at worst.

Because Alex-by evidence of his own posts here (and if you're a really real girl, Kaila, you owe it to yourself to take a look at them, because the hostility you sense is a product of them)clearly needs intensive, long-term psychological care.-that's not my opinion, medical or otherwise, but the only conclusion a psychiatric professional could derive from what he's posted: he's either the most elaborate of trolls or a complete nutter, and you might just be a product of his fervid and misplaced imagination.

See above. Or read his other posts: he chews on his hands and cuts them, he puts his cut up hands in chlorine bleach. He's had more secret masters than 400 episodes of Naruto.

Never mind "strange." Alex is nuttier than a wagonload of pralines....:lfao:

Well, of course you present, Kaila-ALex never leaves home without his left hand.......:lfao:

(BTW, nice handle there, oishisuika-you might do better if you avoided anime/graphic novel references, watermelon, or sushi for inspiration if you really want to be believable. Forgivable choices for others, but for somewhat associated with Alex "Zenjael/Dragonball-Z/ peeppee bagua, they are unfortunate......:lfao: )

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.